LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
@DuxDeluxe As much as I love the idea of me in bloomers ( an i LOVE wearing bloomers !!!! ) you do realise that it was I ( Ron ) that was posting. Hey, maybe I could wear the hat and bloomers !;);););)
That did occur to me at the time........ but I'm afraid that the thought of you in a hat and bloomers doesn't have half the appeal, though thanks for coming out of the cross-dressing closet :whistle2:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
IMG_4508.JPG

My T35 waiting for me in the sunshine. Ready to do its job one more time. Bit of verdigris on the brass vent holes and press studs but still going fine.

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Just bought a LTM6 as my previous one was the wrong size so had stored it away and forgotten all about it until I saw this topic. Have put it in the classified ads on here if anyone is interested.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Got a couple of Tilley hats, one for summer and one for winter. Love the quality and fit. This is me looking rather fetching in the winter one. LolIMG_1450.JPG

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I have an old T4 which has seen some abuse over the years, usually while sea kayaking to keep the sun off, or while tramping up mountains in the sun.
I can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was nowhere near today's prices.

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My old favourite almost 20 year old Tilley hat has been worn all over the world, sprayed continuously with salt water when dinghy racing, chucked in the corner, ignored, washed and generally abused.

So not really a surprise to see that it was starting to fray around one of the air vents at the side. Had a look in Go Outdoors for a replacement but then remembered that they have a lifetime guarante, so emailed them and got a prompt response, requesting pictures of the (very minor) damage, the label and the size. This was done and they then requested £6 for post and packing and another picture of the label inside the hat with a big R in permanent marker.

20 year old hat replaced for £6 with a new one, I get to keep the perfectly wearable but much loved old one. If call that a result!!

Great customer service Tilley (y)
Lo and behold....... looked what turned up in the post today!! Great customer service from Tilley (y)

IMG_2399.JPG

Reactions: DBK

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I did have 3 Tilley hats however a while ago No 1 Grandson at the age of 15 decided granddad knew best so 'borrowed' my oldest one for a weekend. Never saw it again he kept it well out of my way until recently I saw his dad wearing it and saying how comfortable it is !!!!

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I did have 3 Tilley hats however a while ago No 1 Grandson at the age of 15 decided granddad knew best so 'borrowed' my oldest one for a weekend. Never saw it again he kept it well out of my way until recently I saw his dad wearing it and saying how comfortable it is !!!!

It looks then as though head (hat) size is genetically determined and passed down the male line.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
sometimes the quality of things make them worth buying. But I know you know that; why else would you pay £15 a year for a motorhome forum :D

How much? £15! It would have to be a seriously good forum before I would think of even paying half that. Outrageous! Oh . . . . . :dance2:

May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
I confess I have 4 Tilley hats . One I sent back and had renewed for 5.00 many years ago .
So I keep the tatty one for canoeing the it was falling apart . Replacement on the hills. It's beginning to look lived it. I have a nice linen one posh days out and best of all a winters one with an in built ear band in the inside
Sad yes. When the wind blows on the hills it stays on my head . When hail falls it protects my face .I love them

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is the only one I've got, think I bought it somewhere in the mid to late 80's, not sure what model it is, and have lost the four page booklet that came with it. Verdigris on the poppers.

IMG_2702.JPG
IMG_2701.JPG

Incamania

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Preston
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2002
Like me we both need the occasional helping hand but both still serviceable, a great pressie from my wife many years ago, Hawkeshead if my memory serves me correctly.
I think it will see me out as we avoid safari parks!!

Hotcrossman

Free Member
Feb 24, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Great service, my Daughter recently bought one for my birthday - to 'chaser' - because with a bald head it keeps the sun off and keeps the brain ventilated . .

Hotcrossman

Free Member
Feb 24, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Thinking about the lifetime guarantee and with my luck, once bought a suit with two pairs of trousers (the Burton chappie advised) and burnt a hole in the coat!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are they hats that old people wear?
To have one for twenty years they have to be

My 82yr old uncle still has the suit he was married in 64 years ago..... It's seen every family wedding and funeral and he's proud to say it's only ever been dry cleaned twice

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_3608.JPG
Just bought this as my market cheapo was really falling apart,was taking so much stick because of it.

Julie and Charles

Free Member
Sep 6, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own a MH yet
Exp
15 years under canvas, 13 years in a caravan
Me and hubby have tilley hats.
Great sun protection, keep the rain off. What's not to like.
It's good to remind people about the life warranty

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I had bought another one but some thieving git in Royal Mail must have sniffed it out and decided to steal it as it's not arrived more than a week after it's delivery date. :mad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back