Anyone for the Tour De France 2008 (1 Viewer)

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

I have post this on another site and there is already some interest just wondering if anyone on hear would like to join in ?? as it would be great if we could get a meet/rally together

Thread that I posted on MHT web site

The tour has just finished in Paris and I have been watching it for the last few weeks on ITV4 it really looks good with all of the motorhomes along the route and i thought it would be great if we could get a few of us together to go and follow a few stages does anyone fancy going.

Brian

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Brian, I think some of the best slots for motorhomes on the route are taken up a long way in advance, a lot of people leave the motorhome on a site somewhere and camp out in a tent near their fave hill climb. Have they announced the 2008 route yet? When they do you had better be quick with booking somewhere as I imagine their will be quite a rush for nearby campsites. It seems that the whole of France Spain and Italy line the route. The atmosphere is fanatastic and is on my to do list. So I would like to register an interest::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, Thanks for the input

From what I have found the 2008 route will not be announced until October albeit i think a section in Brittany is already available, but that dosen't have any mountain stages ?

From what people have suggested the best sections are either the mountain's, or time trials and I believe the finish or start sections of these are the most spectacular and they also state that the parade (I don't think that's the right name) that passes before the race is also a must see?

My personal thoughts were to try and find a one or more campsites that were near one or more of the above and then try to make our way to the stage by foot, bike, taxi etc

So please keep an eye out for the announcement

Any other suggestions ideas would be welcome

Brian

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

Just checking if anyone has heard any rumors about the 2008 route ?? or when the actual date for annocement will be

Thanks
Brian

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi,

Just checking if anyone has heard any rumors about the 2008 route ?? or when the actual date for annocement will be

Thanks
Brian

Brian,

This is a good site for details of the Tour http://www.steephill.tv/2008/tour-de-france/

Also Link Removed

It seems the 25th October is the day everybody is waiting for.:thumb:

Don

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
Don't forget to stop taking your steroids at least a couple of months before you go, in case of a random drugs test........oh, and only wear the lycra in the prvacy of your MH bedrooms! :Cool:

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, Thanks Don for the links,

I have been trying to monitor those sites but the old memory not as good as it used to be ? LoL, I was hoping someone may of had some inside info ?? chance will be a fine thing ? LoL

There appears to be some interest in going on both this site and MHT however from what i can gather we will really need to be organised as from what i have been told as soon as the route is released everyone will be ringing the campsites that are near the best ?? stages. That's assuming that people want to stay on campsites ??

My preferred method would be to find, and book if possible, a campsite that was within a reasonable distance of a Mountain stage, that would allow you to leave the MH on the site and then make our own way to perhaps the summit. I would also like to find another site or the same one, and use a similar arrangement to get to where we could see the start or finish of a Time Trial,

I don't know what other people feel, but as i have said above i think that there could be a rush on the available pitches very very soon after the 25th Oct, or the date that the route is announced??

Brian

W

warrior1690

Deleted User
yes very interested,had a great time in kent watching the tour a fantastic spectacle.its arranging time of work that could be a problem,keep me informed please.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back