Free Member
Jul 30, 2009
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Swift-Kontiki
Exp
8 yrs
Hi , My wife and I would love to take a leisurely drive through Europe, to Poland, and visiting Auschwitz, but not alone, so if there is anyone else in a similar situation, where they would like to travel with another funster, both for company,added security, I would like to make contact.
We have traveled abroad quite a few times, as far as down as Italy,(Venice)and across to Spain, we prefer stopping at Aires services,Stellaplatz sites, or smaller CL type locations. Our proposed route would be through Germany and back through the Alps,(as few motorways as possible) but we are open to suggestions or alternative routes from anyone who would like to do the same trip, probably taking 3-4 weeks, during late Sept-October time.:thumb:
Look forward to hearing from anyone wishing to participate.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Did Poland, Hungary, Czech Repulic, and Slovakia, in August 2010 and never once felt insecure.

Pete:Cool:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Videoman, welcome to Fun, and good luck with your planned trip :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We did Poland solo last year and didn't have any problems either. You might perhaps want to re-think your strategy for motorways / toll roads as we found them worthwhile on occasion for Poland (although more so in the North).

If you are visiting the south of Poland I can highly recommend a visit to Krakow as well as the Wieliczka Salt Mine. In Krakow there is also Oskar Schindler Factory which was closed when we visited but I've since heard is a fantastic visit.

Here is a link to our posts on Poland, don't forget to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page as there is two: http://www.europebycamper.com/search/label/Poland

If you are doing mainly southern Poland I can also highly recommend coming round the Tatra mountains and approaching them from the Slovakian side:
http://www.europebycamper.com/search/label/Slovakia

You can then exist Slovakia via Vienna and into Germany if you choose. Eastern Europe is FANTASTIC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back