Anyone fitted the 2 seat passenger bench to X250? (1 Viewer)

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Seen a post on FB where an owner fitted the standard 2 seat passenger seat back on their MH so their child could sit up front with then instead of in the rear.

We have a similar situation where the boy (5) is all on his own on the back.

I'm not bothered about access between the two areas as when we stop we close the dividing door between the hab/cab area anyway.

Would the left side drivers arm rest have to be removed? I assume the fabric to match the upholstery on the front seats are just a cover so I can remove this so it won't look to out of balance.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
On all the vans I have removed the double bench seat from, (the opposite to what your doing) the double seat is completely removed and the single seat base mounts to the same holes as the double.

So I’d imagine going the other way, you’ll need to remove the single passenger seat all together and replace it with a complete double bench seat, which again should mount to the single seat holes in the chassis.

I believe there should be enough clearance for the drivers left armrest to remain.

The issue you may run into is the wiring for the second seats seatbelt pre-tensioner.

Again when you remove a double seat you have to fit a resistor to the seat belt pretensioner plug to avoid getting an airbag warning light, so even if there is a plug there for the second seat it may be disabled in the ecu and may mean the seatbelt pretensioner is not active on the middle seat.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I doubt you could fit the rear seat easily much better to source a double for the make of van you have
Single seats fetch a premium price doubles you struggle to sell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
I doubt you could fit the rear seat easily much better to source a double for the make of van you have
Single seats fetch a premium price doubles you struggle to sell
Yeah found a double front seat that has been removed for a motorhome conversion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back