Anyone fitted a second waste pipe in a bailey 740 (1 Viewer)

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Hi as you know the bailey waste is notoriously slow draining, even after drilling out baffles. I am looking to get a second waste drain fitted on other side of van. This gives option to drain either side or two together.

There is a threaded blank on other side of tank. It is a female thread with blank. Nobody , inckuding bailey, can tell mebwhat fitting it is.

I have tried cak etc

Can anyone help?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If the thread looks like BSP it probably is. Take the threaded cap to a plumbers merchant for identification. They may or may not have the fitting you want in plastic but they will be able to identify it so you know what to ask (CAK for example) for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
celticmini

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Thanks but threaded end is moulded inntank so I can't take it anywhere to identify, that would be too easy.

I will have to keep trying and hope that someone else has done it before.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi as you know the bailey waste is notoriously slow draining, even after drilling out baffles. I am looking to get a second waste drain fitted on other side of van. This gives option to drain either side or two together.

There is a threaded blank on other side of tank. It is a female thread with blank. Nobody , inckuding bailey, can tell mebwhat fitting it is.

I have tried cak etc

Can anyone help?
Would you be able to fit a larger bore drain instead of the smaller one you appear to have?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Does the blanked off drain fitting look a similar size to the existing one ? Remove the existing pipe and try that for size then go from there. If not, a photo of the fitting with a rule next to it might help us identify it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back