Anyone fitted a Gas-It system on an Autotrail Tracker EKS? (1 Viewer)

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, has anyone fitted a Gas-It system on an Autotrail Tracker EKS. If so where did you locate the external filler cap. A quick reconnaissance mission makes it look difficult as we have the cab bodywork to the left and the locker to the right with little room between above and below.

We are looking at going to Portugal just after Christmas and are looking at different gas systems ie Gas-It, Safe fill, as we believe we may struggle to refill our usual propane gas bottles.

Any advise greatfully received.

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
Gas it supply an in locker filling setup. Assuming your existing bottles are in a locker the filler is fixed inside the locker with the bottle. I had one fixed in a Swift Mondial. Just open up, the locker, attach filler, press the button and you're away. No drilling and you can take it to your next van when you upgrade.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
This works on our Comanche

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 56

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Gas it supply an in locker filling setup. Assuming your existing bottles are in a locker the filler is fixed inside the locker with the bottle. I had one fixed in a Swift Mondial. Just open up, the locker, attach filler, press the button and you're away. No drilling and you can take it to your next van when you upgrade.
The OP said he was going to Portugal, you won't get filled up there with a system like that. I had to blag it with an external filler.

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
We had no trouble in Portugal or France or Spain. One time in Italy the chap refused to fill our tank but politely pointed out the petrol station around the corner who would be willing to oblige .

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Have you looked at Autogasleisure.co.uk ( Autogas 2000 ) Aluminium bottles that weigh half of what steel bottles weigh.
Had mine fitted at their base at Thirsk in January not looked back since but would Highly Recommend fitting a Filter between bottles and gas regulater to save any reg problems later.
My filler is in the skirt panel and looks very neat ( thanks to John at Autogas 2000 ). Who gave us great service consulting with us before drilling and cutting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back