Anyone Fitted a 3 way Kitchen Tap (1 Viewer)

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I'm looking for some hints or tips on replacing my current kitchen sink tap to a 3 way tap. I have purchased the tap and it has arrived. It is almost identical to the Morelo fitted tap, but has a 3 way function rather than two.

I have bought a Pozzani filter, but don't want to add an extra tap to the kitchen worktop. Hence, the change to a three way tap which will provide an outlet for hot, cold and filtered water.

The Pozzani comes with its own tap which I will not use. The plastic pipe seems to be 1/4" 6.4mm so I can purchase a T Piece 10mm x 10mm x 6mm to cut into the cold water supply to feed the cold supply to the filter. What I am unsure of is how I will connect the 3 supplies 2 x 10mm (I think) and 1 x 6mm to the domestic tap connections.

Looking at the space under the sink its not going to be easy.

Anyone offer up any tips or guidance please?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Stewart

A picture of your new tap with it's connections might help.

Martin

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Martin...good point!

This is not the tap I am fitting but exactly the same connections due to Amazon not allowing you to copy images I cannot get the exact model. But connection method is the same (stereo typical of almost all kitchen taps)

It is very much a domestic tap with 3 normal inlet connections. I am will need to increase the pipework from 6mm to 10mm to match the hot and cold but not sure if you get connectors to connect to the tap connection in 10mm

Tap.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
That's a good idea that is! Wish we had thought of a 3 way tap.

Colin fitted a domestic tap at our moho kitchen sink. He is at work at the mo, so will ask him later how he got around the different size pipes etc. However, it it was only a two way tap.

One thing I do know is that he also fitted an inline switch to isolate the kitchen tap if necessary, as by changing to a domestic tap it did away with the belt and braces of the micro switch.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Stewart

It looks like the standard tails you get with it are monobloc to 1/2" bsp female, other tails or adapters will be available from a plumbers merchants depending on your existing van pipework and what will be neatest.

The tails on our tap finish in 15mm brass and then straight to the 15mm plastic speed fit pipe.

IMG_1933.JPG

Martin

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I replaced our low height tap for a taller one but it was still a 'MH' one as I needed one with a microswitch in.

If the pipework is anything like mine you'll just need to remove the existing tap and it's tail pieces, then attach your tails to the remaining flexible pipes somehow (blue red normally usually held in place with a jubilee clip). It won't be simple though as you can remove your sink to gain access as I could so first see how easy it is to get at the bottom of the existing tap as I assume yours is like this sandwiched between the sinks!

Any good to change size from 6mm to 10mm?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Made-10mm-TO-6mm-REDUCING-BRASS-COMPRESSION-FITTING/153104634200?epid=27021548286&hash=item23a5bf5158:g:ZRUAAOSwoNhbTxfN&_sacat=0&_nkw=10mm+6mm+compression+brass&_from=R40&rt=nc

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
As ever search on eBay. You may find yourself amongst pneumatic stuff but it's the same.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
I replaced our low height tap for a taller one but it was still a 'MH' one as I needed one with a microswitch in.

If the pipework is anything like mine you'll just need to remove the existing tap and it's tail pieces, then attach your tails to the remaining flexible pipes somehow (blue red normally usually held in place with a jubilee clip). It won't be simple though as you can remove your sink to gain access as I could so first see how easy it is to get at the bottom of the existing tap as I assume yours is like this sandwiched between the sinks!

Any good to change size from 6mm to 10mm?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Made-10mm-TO-6mm-REDUCING-BRASS-COMPRESSION-FITTING/153104634200?epid=27021548286&hash=item23a5bf5158:g:ZRUAAOSwoNhbTxfN&_sacat=0&_nkw=10mm+6mm+compression+brass&_from=R40&rt=nc
It's very similar to the picture but with updated tap and sink layout. Fortunately, the removal of the drawer gives reasonable access. It will still be a real pain to do. But better option than drilling and fitting another tap.

morelo sink.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When you fit the new tap make sure you put the tails into its base before attaching it to the worktop ... it is a LOT easier!!! Just make sure you have all the tap base fastening bits (washer, plastic nut etc) on the pipes before you fasten them all up as you won't be able to slot them on afterwards ... don't ask how I know! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
MORELO really are so helpful. I e-mailed the helpline and they have just got back informing me that the tap can be accessed by removing the cushion on the lounge seat and their is an access hatch secured by Velcro which allow clear access to the tap between the two sinks. They really are good at paying close attention to detail.

Just the plumbing to worry about now :unsure:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
thye tails that come with the tap will be either 1/2 inch or 3/8 idealy they need to bite onto a flat face they sell 15mm valves with one flat face or use a male iron fitting picture of your existing pipe work and i will tell you what you need im a plumber by trade so do have some experience

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back