Rally Anyone Fancy Stafford Motorhome Show 26th June (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In the past this has been a day visit only event, However we've been asked if we would like to rally here. Me and Siân were there last year and it was a good show (y) If you might be interested in a gathering here then let me know and I'll arrange it for you as we can't be there ourselves. :)

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's only up the road for me. BUT If Funsters are there you can count me in..
The show was "ok" last year but would maybe be better with overnighting... (y)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ill go, it's only just down the road...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
From a trader's point of view it doesn't look great, many who were there last year slated it and with only 700 camping pitches available it leaves little scope to recoup the outlay so we're giving it a miss.

D.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
It's pricey as well at £35 for 3 nights with no entertainment.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
No entertainment!! from what I hear funsters are quite capable of making their own!(y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Perhaps if traders knew there was going to be a better turn out, it may encourage more of them. Interested, yes.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Jim,

Many of us will either be at the Dorset Rally, run by Jez & Lin, or the Misteron Rally run by Runrig over the same dates. :)

Good luck with getting a good turn out. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Jock and Rita post has reminded me we are on the misterton rally already so if the dates clash we would not now be interested in this rally.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
We would like to join in if enough people are interested, for a first rally with Fun, otherwise we may just turn up. I spoke to Jezport at the weekend and he thought it may be worthwhile.
Even if the show is not much cop, the area around Cannock Chase is always worth a visit.
Alan

Apr 17, 2015
Rhyl
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1995
We would like to join in with motorhome fun at this rally but can't find where we book. Joined at Peterborough.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
hi :hi: count us in for Stafford show we'll be there, just booked with warners :cheers:

Apr 17, 2015
Rhyl
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1995
Have booked with warners. Thought we had to book with Motorhome fun as well.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Wer'e already booked for Misterton.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Jim just booked for the show in the Funster area, see you there. Hopefully June will keep off the brandy this time and return with all her bones intact!! Previous posts mention that there is no entertainment, however, looking at the website it looks like that has changed and there is now entertainment (and food) for the Saturday night.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
looking at the website it looks like that has changed and there is now entertainment (and food) for the Saturday night.

:( Darn it,,,, Thought it was FREE food... Never mind..

The Midland Motorhome Sale marks the half way point of Warner's 2015 outdoor show season. To celebrate the summer we're inviting all campers at Stafford to join us on the Saturday evening for a night of entertainment from lively male duo Broken Link Removed Bus Stop formed in 1992 and this fantastic male vocal duo have been performing music from the 50’s to modern day ever since.

Broken Link Removed

To complement the free music, food and drink will also be available to purchase from the Ingestre Suite and can be enjoyed both inside and out.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It looks like there are only one or two of you going to this show. You'll be parked together by the Show organisers. Booking closes on Monday so there may be some late bookers. I'll also give it a shout out in this weeks newsletter see if we can get a few more. Looks like there are only 200 vans booked in total so the bar and entertainment area won't be busy and you'll have a ball, Shame we can't get there.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are giving this one a go as traders once again. Hope to see some of you there.
I have 2 free day tickets if anyone wants them.

bazmarge2013

Free Member
Apr 18, 2015
Morecambe, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
Since 2004
Hi this is barry & marge from Morecambe we are going to the Stafford show, we are new comers only joined at the Peterborough show. Will there be pitches for motorhome fun members as we have not pre-booked, if any one can give some info or advice as to what we do at the site when we arrive, do we just show our smiley face sticker to the marshal on duty will they then tell us were to park. Many thanks in advance to any member who can advise us on the procedures.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi this is barry & marge from Morecambe we are going to the Stafford show, we are new comers only joined at the Peterborough show. Will there be pitches for motorhome fun members as we have not pre-booked, if any one can give some info or advice as to what we do at the site when we arrive, do we just show our smiley face sticker to the marshal on duty will they then tell us were to park. Many thanks in advance to any member who can advise us on the procedures.

@bazmarge2013 I see no one has replied but then again many have been away in Stratford for a week.
This is a new show (only second year) First time they have done overnight camping there.
From what I have read there will be about a dozen funster vans attending and staying, My suggestion is pay on gate and mention you are with FUN and ask to be directed to them. @Gromett will be there as rally Marshall, watch this space as he may post more info once he is on site..

I plan to come on Friday but just as a day visitor..

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am sorry but I don't actually know the situation with tickets etc as I have only just taken on the job of Marshall last minute and don't have the info pack just yet. @Jim will know and hopefully he should be along shortly?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I don't have a list of attendees for the Stafford show. If you are going can you PM me please with the day and rough time you are arriving. Due to the late nature of me taking on the Marshal job I don't have things like flags or banners to put out to guide you in. I will post a little map of where I am when I get there and parked up. But I will also put one of the windscreen stickers in the middle of my windscreen. My van is a plain white(ish) old style Fiat Ducato panel van conversion. If anyone attending has a flag they could put up to help others in it would be appreciated(y).

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back