Anyone fancy a VAS? very different (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Very futuristic styling Jon and some of the features, door for example, are very good, however the internal design execution whilst in principle is interesting has that "knocked up in a backyard" feel about it. All square slabs with no intricate features. Like some UK vans which I wont name for fear of offending. I would love to see what they do today if indeed they still exist, as Paul says I have never seen one on my travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Very futuristic styling Jon and some of the features, door for example, are very good, however the internal design execution whilst in principle is interesting has that "knocked up in a backyard" feel about it. All square slabs with no intricate features. Like some UK vans which I wont name for fear of offending. I would love to see what they do today if indeed they still exist, as Paul says I have never seen one on my travels.

They are very rare Ive seen 2: One on at Atego chassis at le Crotoy and one on an MAN chassis at Tafraoute and somebody else put a 'whats this post on here of one (in Wales I think)

Up close CazPaul they do look a little fragile, I didnt get to push and prod but the GRP was a little ripply with wandering panel gaps.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
So not to be lazy

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You do keep spotting these don't you Jon, must be an trying to tell you something, The advert says full optical and technical renewal in 2018 so I wonder what they did then. Is it run in yet at 560k. Is it on an existing coach body do you think as it looks full GRP monocoque and that has door?

I quite like the external style but as Michael says the inside is a bit uninspiring and it's strange to have a wrap around lounge on an A class, a lot of truck for Ā£50k and overall I like it.

Three bunk beds and an over cab double but I can't find a kitchen sink? not sure about the wet bathroom.

Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You do keep spotting these don't you Jon, must be an trying to tell you something, The advert says full optical and technical renewal in 2018 so I wonder what they did then. Is it run in yet at 560k. Is it on an existing coach body do you think as it looks full GRP monocoque and that has door?

I quite like the external style but as Michael says the inside is a bit uninspiring and it's strange to have a wrap around lounge on an A class, a lot of truck for Ā£50k and overall I like it.

Three bunk beds and an over cab double but I can't find a kitchen sink? not sure about the wet bathroom.

Martin
I don't like the inside either Martin, I prefer the lounge in the front, think the bunks look cramped and there doesnt seem to be any separation between the living and bathroom and yes toilet in the shower???

Its also a bit too big to come down our lane which is always my issue, very nice Star on Mobie.de but no front bed.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Ive just realised the lounge is at the front but facing backwards, still don't like it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don't like the inside either Martin, I prefer the lounge in the front, think the bunks look cramped and there doesnt seem to be any separation between the living and bathroom and yes toilet in the shower???

Its also a bit too big to come down our lane which is always my issue, very nice Star on Mobie.de but no front bed.
Hang on i'm heading to Mobile.de

OK back now, it's got a back light out so thats a NO from me, love the body work but the interior is less inspiring but sure it will be quality, Jen would say "it's got a step" (lounge to bathroom) to me Vario always spoil the garage by having the walkway between the two single beds but I am sure that could be sorted and the bed turned transvestite, not a bad package at 8.1 metres though.

Is no front bed a deal breaker Jon as this should go down your lane and only 3.4 tall.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Who on earth thought that putting a clear sliding door/panel on the toilet shower was a good idea! The way the top of it cuts through one of the ceiling lights isn't a great idea either! The kitchen has one of the small multi sink/cooker units in and I suspect that the kitchen drawers etc would easily come upon as you travel as there appears to be no securing catches on them at all (just normal domestic kitchen units). More importantly there are NO rear travel seats for passengers that I can see so although it may sleep 5+ I don't know how they'd all get there.

It could have been, much, much better if it had been done by someone who really knows and uses a MH.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Who on earth thought that putting a clear sliding door/panel on the toilet shower was a good idea! The way the top of it cuts through one of the ceiling lights isn't a great idea either! The kitchen has one of the small multi sink/cooker units in and I suspect that the kitchen drawers etc would easily come upon as you travel as there appears to be no securing catches on them at all (just normal domestic kitchen units). More importantly there are NO rear travel seats for passengers that I can see so although it may sleep 5+ I don't know how they'd all get there.

It could have been, much, much better if it had been done by someone who really knows and uses a MH.
I agree. I suspect it was specced by someone who had more money than experience.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
:Grin: Well spotted, in N+B circles that translates as Transverse but it goes back to a factory tour when somebody asked our guide "what layout is that Arto without a windows in this side of the bedroom" so she stuck her head inside the van and declared "ah it is a transvestite bed" with a bit of misinterpretation the German "quer" bett can and did become transvestite.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That looks nice Martin, quality van, rear overhang not too much either.
Take it back to the factory and spend a few bob bringing it up to date inside and technically and you would have a cracking van, or leave it as is and spend the cash on wild women and drink, I know which I would do;)

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Yes I guess it changed quite radically at it's refurb in 2018 as up till then it seems to have been used plenty going by the miles.

Martin

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Take it back to the factory and spend a few bob bringing it up to date inside and technically and you would have a cracking van, or leave it as is and spend the cash on wild women and drink, I know which I would do;)

Martin

I really like the Star and yes it would go down the lane and even possibly under the camper port 3370mm, but yes it is a little austere inside so possibly not Sue's cup of tea.

The liner is a lot of motor for the money, what would you do to update it Martin?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Which Jon

The Vario or the Liner?

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
which one did you mean? I thought you meant the liner.
I would be tempted to give the Vario back to the factory and spend a few bob making the inside look as good as outside, I think the C liner looks more up to date to start with so is OK and as you say a lot of truck for the money.

I see that Niesmann caravanning have a lot of vans on Mobile.de and some look decent value,

Broken Link Removed

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back