Anyone fancy a meet in north east (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:roflmto::roflmto:
HOPING TO GET AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND 22nd. TO 26th. BOOKED WILL TRY AND GET THINGS SORTED IN THE NEXT WEEK. FUN!!!FUN!!!FUN!!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:roflmto::roflmto:
HOPING TO GET AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND 22nd. TO 26th. BOOKED WILL TRY AND GET THINGS SORTED IN THE NEXT WEEK. FUN!!!FUN!!!FUN!!!

That's do-able for us at the moment ... either a day visit or a few nights if there is an EHU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Angry::Angry::Angry:
WELL AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS, E-MAILS AND GOING UP TO SEE THIS WOMAN I HAVE GIVING UP ON THIS PLACE FOR A MEET. IT HAS BEEN LIKE TRYING TO GET BLOOD OUT OF A STONE ON PRICE, £5-00p to £7-50p. NO POSITIVE PRICE. NO ANSWER ON HOOK UP, NO ANSWER ON DOGS, NO ANSWER ON A ROOM OR PLACE FOR US TO MEET UP IN.NO ANSWER ON AVAILABLE DATES. JUST HITTING A BRICK WALL WITH THIS WOMAN, PHONE HER, NOT AVAILABLE, OR OUT SOME WARE. E-MAILS JUST NOT ANSWERED SO I AM SORRY TO SAY THIS MEET IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUT I WILL KEEP ON TRYING TO FIND SOME WHERE SO YOU SOUTHERNERS CAN HEAD NORTH AND VISIT BEAUTIFUL GEORDIE LAND. FUN!!!FUN!!!FUN!!!

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Thanks for all your efforts - it is very frustrating when you are trying to organise something and the people don't get back to you.

Kath and Howie

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Just 30 minutes up the road from us for us..

Shame you did not getting a proper response from them. You think folks would appreciate the business...:Doh:

Anyhow if you manage to fix some where else, count me in. :thumb:

(as long as I'm home)

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
taken from their terms and conditions

23. Dogs are permitted on the Park provided that they are kept on short leads. They must not be allowed to soil the
ground within the Park – accidents must be cleared
up immediately. Dogs can be exercised on the extensive walks surrounding the Park– again, accidents must be
cleared up immediately. Dogs must be supervised
at all times on the Park and never left unattended

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
Buggeration... Thanks for trying, but if there is somewhere else for the same dates then it could be a goer for me. :thumb:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Croft Working Men's Club near Darlington is still available for rallies.
The Dark Side is having a rally there in a couple of weeks time.
Dogs allowed, EHU available, function room available most of the time. Kitchen available. Hard standing if ground too wet.
Just a thought.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Rally N East

:Smile: Just pinched this off the MCC site. we have been there with another rally...very friendly. Don't know if of any use ??:Sad:

Alnwick Rugby Club
Alwick, Northumberland,
NE66 1BG

Sat Nav co-<WBR>ordinates N55°24'09. W1°41'54.

Club house, use of bar on Friday night, and concert room on Saturday night, Alnwick town centre, Castle and gardens nearby. Water and elsan disposal point.

DIRECTIONS; From A1 take turn off for Alnwick (A1068), If travelling from the South turn left at first roundabout of motorway, If coming from the North go straight ahead at roundabout. Rugby club on left just past Sainsburys, Argos and swimming baths.

COST £6 Per Night

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We went there a couple of years ago with Fun.
Nice place, easy walk into the town, chippy and castle.
If I remember rightly, they allow use of the club's toilets and showers as well as the bar.

For you, Bill, that's:
Netty, Scran and scrub doon, hook ups an aal.:thumb:

Last edited:
M

Madwife

Deleted User
We would be interested depending on dates. We were at the last meet there in May 2012.

Kath

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
a meet in north east

what about this the weekend of 11--12--13 july at corbridge music festivalhttp://www.corbridge-festival.co.uk i know the management very well and could put who ever wants to arrange it in touch it would be arrive either friday night or saturday morning it is held in the grounds of corbridge rugby club so there is bar toilets etc but i doubt hook up although the odd generater could be made available i have attended this festival in the past i can assure everyone that the atmosphere and music is brilliant if organised properly i would think that 40 plus vans could be easily accommodated i will have a word with the organiser tomorrow and get some information please give me all your thoughts on this suggestion thank you jt

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
what about this the weekend of 11--12--13 july at corbridge music festivalhttp://www.corbridge-festival.co.uk i know the management very well and could put who ever wants to arrange it in touch it would be arrive either friday night or saturday morning it is held in the grounds of corbridge rugby club so there is bar toilets etc but i doubt hook up although the odd generater could be made available i have attended this festival in the past i can assure everyone that the atmosphere and music is brilliant if organised properly i would think that 40 plus vans could be easily accommodated i will have a word with the organiser tomorrow and get some information please give me all your thoughts on this suggestion thank you jt

Just had a look at the line up and some good bands on there !!

We'd certainly be up for this, camping on the Fri and Sat makes the partaking of drink do-able also.

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
a meet in north east

hi puddleduck could possibly sort out generator if any good jt

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
north east meet

hi to all again just had a word with festival organizer it would seem nearly all camping (motorhome) pitches are full only a few left and will probably be taken up with regular festival goers so its a no go. sorry jt.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
hi to all again just had a word with festival organizer it would seem nearly all camping (motorhome) pitches are full only a few left and will probably be taken up with regular festival goers so its a no go. sorry jt.

Never mind, worth a try.

ravensworth

Free Member
Sep 2, 2011
sunderland
Funster No
MH
iveco
Exp
happy to go any where north east just tell me when if pos i wil be there

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
north east meet

so anyone know whats happening is it a go at alnwick or my back garden jt

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
To BE or not to BE

:Angry::Angry::Angry:
WELL AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS, E-MAILS AND GOING UP TO SEE THIS WOMAN I HAVE GIVING UP ON THIS PLACE FOR A MEET. IT HAS BEEN LIKE TRYING TO GET BLOOD OUT OF A STONE ON PRICE, £5-00p to £7-50p. NO POSITIVE PRICE. NO ANSWER ON HOOK UP, NO ANSWER ON DOGS, NO ANSWER ON A ROOM OR PLACE FOR US TO MEET UP IN.NO ANSWER ON AVAILABLE DATES. JUST HITTING A BRICK WALL WITH THIS WOMAN, PHONE HER, NOT AVAILABLE, OR OUT SOME WARE. E-MAILS JUST NOT ANSWERED SO I AM SORRY TO SAY THIS MEET IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUT I WILL KEEP ON TRYING TO FIND SOME WHERE SO YOU SOUTHERNERS CAN HEAD NORTH AND VISIT BEAUTIFUL GEORDIE LAND. FUN!!!FUN!!!FUN!!!

So any chance of a meet in the North East:cry:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I'm just been talking to someone who lives & works in the area. I had asked them to make some enquiries about the originally suggested site when you were having a problem getting any answers out of them.

To summarise the response - we may have had a lucky escape!.:RollEyes:

Any joy with Alnwick Rugby Club? If not, I can make some further enquiries - I have been given a few places to try, but with one exception, they would be low facility sites.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I'm just been talking to someone who lives & works in the area. I had asked them to make some enquiries about the originally suggested site when you were having a problem getting any answers out of them.

To summarise the response - we may have had a lucky escape!.:RollEyes:

Any joy with Alnwick Rugby Club? If not, I can make some further enquiries - I have been given a few places to try, but with one exception, they would be low facility sites.

Don't think anyone has enquired ??? :whatthe: We being newish members wouldn't know where to start to organise the rally but will help with lists on line if required. there seems to be sufficient interest.
Not heard from the original poster may be away :cry:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad:It's going to be more difficult now; people have booked into other meets... unless it is in the Autumn I guess. There is a need for meets North of Liverpool.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
It was planned for the end of August & there is nothing else on the Upcoming Events list between Malvern (17th Aug) & Shepton Mallet (12th Sept), both of which are a long way from Northumberland.

It is north of Liverpool, but I guess that's not quite what you meant! :RollEyes:

OH wants a trip to Fleetwood, which is where she was born. I imagine that is more where you were thinking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back