Anyone familiar with Warwick? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
We're having a few days there at the end of June and I'm looking for any recommendations. We're staying at the club site at the Racecourse so the plan is to walk into the centre and see the Castle, maybe have a trip to Coughton Park Gardens one day (or go en-route), have a nice meal at a Chinese, a couple of pints of real ale somewhere, maybe a pub meal or two (Beer Garden preferred) and a takeaway or two. We don't want to spend too much time indoors or with crowds.

So, any recommendations that might fit into that sort of agenda? We have no animals or bikes and are relatively unfit anyway 😉 We don't do busses unless they're open top 😊

Thanks - much appreciated

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Been a few years but the Old Post Office on West Street serves cracking real ale and has a good selection. It's not far from the site and as far as I'm aware it's still open.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
About 1 to 1.5klm to anywhere in the centre from site.
As u walk up the main drag the castle is off to your right behind the buildings on that side and market sq. to your left up the 2 or 3 roads going in that direction. Wetherspoon pub in top right hand corner of sq. Think market day is Saturday. Small museum bottom right corner of sq. for a 15min browse. Couple of pubs with gardens on the road to the left that leads to the big church.
Carry on straight down the high st (think that's its name) over the t/lights through the pedestrian arch to the what I always think of as being the cheaper end of town. Castle entrance is near those t/lights search online for discount vouchers otherwise eyewateringly expensive..
For a county town it has a very small central shopping area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato MWB, DIY :-)
Exp
10 years campervanning, 60+ camping
Parish church is nice, more like a mini cathedral. Lord Leycester's Hospital - a tudor almshouse - (at the west end gatehouse) is a bit of a one-off, at fair value compared with a lot of old places in Stratford... Get the residents to show you their robes! Sorry I can't advise on food and drink, but you'll find plenty.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
If you’re going to the castle, take plenty of money!!
When we went a couple of years ago, I thought they assumed I wanted to buy it…….o_Oo_O

There’s a nice stroll alongside the Grand Union canal if you cross-over the racecourse and railway lines……just don’t turn left instead of right onto the towpath or you’ll be heading into the countryside towards Hatton Locks….;)
1651705373917.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Follow the canal for about 31/2 miles from the camp site nice pub have lunch a few pints then 31/2miles back take all day and enjoy 😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
There's a pay and display outside the racecourse, and a number outside. If you call the number a council worker comes and unlocks the height gate. Only a few £ a day and then call again to release.

Good central location, but no services. We have used it a couple of times. 😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back