Anyone ever used 2Gether Insurance? (1 Viewer)

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
We have(I have:winky:) been comparing insurance quotes online and this company have got back to me with the best quote by far, £45 les than the next best:Eeek:.
We were quite happy with Sureterm, who were the next best quote, but if I can save £45 then that money can be used towards the breakdown cover, which will cost about £70 for the cover I have at the moment and being a Grumpy Old Yorkshire Git, I am liking this saving:winky:
So has anyone ever had any dealings with this Insurance Company?
Thanks in advance
Mark

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Mmmmmm never heard of em, which means nowt of course, but there are a million spelling and grammatical errors on their website that I've noticed in a 1 minute glance. Couple of examples -

Gary Haines is the 'Principle'.

They deal with a 'panle' of insurers.

They spell 'and' 'adn'

etc.

Which raises questions for me .......

You should ask - and this is a leading question! - I think I might quite like this quotation but I need to know who's underwriting it before I make a decision.

Ahhh - have just checked the FSA Register - they are indeed registered and have been registered since 3rd September 2012 .......

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'd not go anywhere near anything that abused the English language like that.

"2gether"

It says "look how clever and with it I am.".

He's probably got an O level in domestic science.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Used them for years to insure my imported 4x4. Gary was the guy in charge there over 7 years ago when I first went to them. Good guys. :thumb:

They are brokers and although I never made any claims they were always on the ball with renewals and switch insurers if a better quote could be found.

IMO Speak as you find not what you think

RSB138

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
Londonderry N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years +
2gether insurance

I took breakdown insurance this year and must say I can recommend them for there service.I had a breakdown at Canterbury Park&Ride I made a call to them and they took my details and said there would be a recovery vehicle with me with in 1 hour and there was and Igot sorted out.I was well pleased with the service they provided.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
2Gether Insurance

Hi only just picked up on this thread.So apologies for late return,also if long winded but........
2GETHER INSURANCE EUROPEAN BREAKDOWN ASSISTANCE.
A-ROADS IN FRANCE
NOT COVERED,

When renewing your vehicle insurance, and that cheerful person on the other end of the phone, chirps in “and we can also include breakdown including EU cover”. Or when just going for EU breakdown cover for your trip. Possibly you will be told all the virtues of having a greater deal than others! And what the policy will do, but not what it won’t do! (Up to you to read the small print and never in plain English)
Recently after going on a comparison web site, for my classic motorhome insurance ,I got the above, when I chose 2gether insurance ,asked all the right questions ,and as they do an agreed valuation for classic motorhome`s ,I, took out the policy including UK and EU breakdown.
At this point I will say I have driven extensively throughout the EU, and try to avoid the toll roads, but using the free A roads to avoid major towns/cities.
So now I’m on my travels on a free section of the French A13 when, Bang! I had a blow-out on o/s/r, after picking up debris on the road. Out came the warning triangles; on went the yellow reflective jacket, and for an hour or so I struggled to try to get the jack under the jacking point, but then without room to manoeuvre, and being in a pretty dangerous spot, I finally gave in and called “2gether Breakdown assistance”, :helpsos: calling the number given for breakdowns in the EU .And when asked I gave my exact location “Girl asks, Is that abroad?” Yes in France “Oh I will someone to call you back” (phone number given)
Male calls me back, same questions and answers, and the told “you are not covered for breakdown on any French motorway network”. And by that they translate it as meaning any A-Road in France. I was then told pop along to the nearest S.O.S box and call for assistance. (why was I not told this when I took out the EU cover? And no, you can’t claim back the call-out charge, in this instance 145.22euros.

The magic get out clause used:
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
(12) Any charges incurred resulting from you breaking down in a location that rescuing the vehicle would be unlawful (including any legal restriction on recovering a vehicle from a European motorway)
I point out that I was not asking for recovery but roadside assistance as in the breakdown conditions and,, wait for it, am told “oh they are both the same” After pointing out, that after being an AA patrol for some time I could assure the call assistant that her reasoning was total rubbish after a silence the line went dead.
She did call me back, and quoted the above clause again, and advised me, no threatened me be careful what I write in any complaint or review.

The final kick in the teeth is when upon my return I phone 2Gether Breakdown insurance, and I get nowhere with customer services. Nowhere with complaints, (probably same office)I also find out that although the same name 2gether insurance,2gether breakdown insurance ,and 2gether Legal insurance are all separate entities !! Yeah right, sounds as it a case for rip off Britain.

The point of this though “Ask the question, are you covered on your EU Breakdown policy for French A-Roads?”
Some reading this will possibly have come across this before, but it was an expensive new one on me.:cry:
And wont be using them again !:Angry: :moon::swear:

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I have been with 2gether Insurance with a 4x4.

They were very good and very helpful.........until you want something!

After two years my premium shot up three fold - so I did what any Wise(tight) and Frugal (even tighter) person would do and went elsewhere for a cheaper quote.

I them asked 2gether to prrof of my no claims...they would only give what I earned whilst with them - and getting that was a nightmare.

I had e-mails with more 'F's in it than even Gordon Ramsey could fit in book. Very abusive, andf obnoxious accusing me of being disloyal etc.

Quite a funny read - but shocking that it was sent from a manager of the company.

2gether you stand, divided you fall!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I can see this is France. but will this mean all of Europe . but thanks for the heads up funsters.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
In France it is the law that only the police designated recovery company can be used.. thats all autoroute and some N roads. We're all in the same boat there.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I got insurance from a similer firm , could have been them, long time ago, got a quote sent them the money, policy comes , nothing like what I had signed up for, got on to them , should have had 14 days cooling off, but get my money back , got to be joking , they took so much for cancelling and it took threats of ombudsman before I got my money back about two months later.

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
I spent last week looking for insurance for our van, being converted end of October.

2gether gave the lowest quote, but, also very low annual mileage compared to the others (only 3000 miles allowed). Their excess was also significantly higher than others.

Reading through this thread I'm glad we went with someone else ... particularly if they're going to be awkward about no claims if we moved insurers.

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
My Experience with 2Gether Insurance is has not been a happy affair. 1st year paid up with no claims and kept withing the mileage agreed and when I went to France Informed them as per outlined in special Instructions.. Year 2 received my Policy and upped my Mileage with them and it was not Until my power steering went in Annecy France that I called them only to be told I wasnt covered for breakdown assistance because I didn't call them to inform them of my Travels to Europe! Well in disbelief I said well what have I paid for Europe Assistance for ? if I wasn't going to France etc... Then my wife checked the new Policy and nowhere did it say I needed to inform them. So to round it all up, I paid out 250 euro for a tow , overnight accommodation, then the repair bill.. 2gether Insurance apologised for not sending the correct policy details and paid out in full for the recovery bill and overnight stay.... I am now looking for Insurance for 2016 so would welcome your input...

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Have used them in the past, and never had any problems with them.

norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
I use them this is 3 year been with them they are brokers last year crashed motorhome which was right of was settled in four weeks no problem don't have euro breakdown so cannot comment on that but no complaints

norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
I use them this is 3 year been with them they are brokers last year crashed motorhome which was right of was settled in four weeks no problem don't have euro breakdown so cannot comment on that but no complaints

APACHE 1988

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
i have used this firm for several years with my imported jap car and now the motorhome. absolutely no problem at all. Then again their head office is close enough to my house for me to get there before my temper has cooled down.

Princeshami

Free Member
Sep 1, 2016
London
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
I bought this breakdown and after 3 months i called them to come and rescue me and my car brokedown and i had my 13 months son in car, they said they will come in 90 mins, and i asked them can i go to mall as i need to take him to toilet,they said yes, guy will call you. in the mean time the guy cam and went back and when we went back to car. No one was there and on calling them they said i uave to pay £98 if i want them to come back. So after long discussion nothing happen. I had to arrange someone else. It was disaster, i was on the road with my wife and 13 months son for 4 hours. And they did not care about that. When i ask them to tell me speak to supervison thry said he or she is off now, will be back next day.
So please pay some extra and get breakdown fron a good company. This company is cheap but will not help you at all when you breakdown.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
They were pushing their services on Fun a while back and got a lot of flack on their call systems or lack of them. This is the only mention I can find.

voyager14

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
I'm a newbie, did have a Caravan about 8 years ago.
Scary stuff reading the negative comments, I've been with them for breakdown cover for 2 years, never had to call them out yet, so can't comment on service, but after reading this today, I will be looking somewhere else when it's time to renew.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I did phone them last week for a quote, and it came back as very competitive.
Having read this I think I will renew with Comfort. Dearer, yes, but peace of mind is just as important
Geoff

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@TimK I have deleted your detrimental post about this company until I can confirm some details. This is your first post and you could be anyone, even a competitor. I'm not saying you are, its just that plenty have been before you so I am wary.

You say they emailed you about the incident, would you mind sending me a copy including the headers, that should validate your post. Many thanks. Here's my email, remove the capital letters before you use it. jimNOSPAM@motorhomefun.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back