Anyone else using their phone to pay at the till... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Anyone else using the Samsung NFC (near field communication) swipe payment system. My son in the US tells me it works really well. You can pay by passing you phone across any store common till magnetic reader. Unlike the Apple version that can only be used if the store has purchased the dedicated apple reader.

My son also tells me he receives an auto email immediately telling him what he has purchased and how much was withdrawn from his bank. His phone uses finger print recognition so no need to unlock his phone before payment is made. Sounds good to me……

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
The stores do not need a dedicated Apple reader, it works with any contactless reader using your fingerprint ID as well. Sounds like Samsung has just woken up to the modern times(y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Happily Samsung Pay isn't available in the UK yet and it doesn't work on older devices. Good news for those of us who have those devices as we won't have to defend yet another target from thieves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Happily Samsung Pay isn't available in the UK yet and it doesn't work on older devices. Good news for those of us who have those devices as we won't have to defend yet another target from thieves.
Fingerprint recognition is pretty good defense against misuse. Also the immediate email confirmation after every sale.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The stores do not need a dedicated Apple reader, it works with any contactless reader using your fingerprint ID as well. Sounds like Samsung has just woken up to the modern times(y)
Woken up with a jolt and left Apple behind again....;)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Fingerprint recognition is pretty good defense against misuse. Also the immediate email confirmation after every sale.
Been using the iPhone for a while now but don't get an email receipt.
And, of course, the machines aren't hackable :whistle:
It's guaranteed by the bank so should be secure.
The bank carrying the liability for fraudulent transactions isn't the same as security, as those of us who've had our credit/debit cards compromised have found :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back