Anyone else have an Orange Livebox? (1 Viewer)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
The Inventel wireless widget on my lappy has suddenly decided it doesn't want to talk to the livebox any more so I am down to one computer with internet access......its causing mayhem as the kids can't get on their favourite sites unless I vacate my seat at the PC (which I daren't as I'll never get it back :Doh: )

I spent half an hour on the phone last night to the Orange "helpdesk" in Bangladesh - fat lot of good that did......it still ain't working and I have gone through their website and tried all sorts but to no avail :helpsos:
I have even tried reloading the cd and that won't work either......I get as far as the first screen, click proceed and it freezes :shout:

Any ideas? :Blush:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Lindy
Disconnect the live box from the mains. Reconnect and let it sort its self out . This will take a few mins. [ till the red lights return to how they were originally].

If this do's not work. press the number 1 button for about 15 seconds.
Hope it works.
Pudseykeith

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Keith

Thanks for the reply......

Well I tried all of that but no joy. The main PC which is wired through the Livebox is fine but the lappy still won't play ball.
When I click on the Inventel status it tells me there is limited or no connectivity :shout:
I click on Repair Inventel and get:
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Renewing the IP address

Interestingly enough, I ran a full scan the night before this thing took a dump and found no end of horrors in the HKLM which I moved to the virus vault.....trojans, tracking cookies and all sorts of adware - when I tried to fire it up the next morning is when the problems started.

It did come back up momentarily when I was fiddling with it this afternoon but as soon as I re-booted it died again.

I did get a warning window
C:\windows\system32\PCANDIS5.SYS
Trojan horse generic 10.ASPV
detected on open

so I clicked "heal"

Still nuffink! :tears:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
You could try going back to a Restore point at a date or time when everything was working. You could also try reinstalling any software for the 'widget', look to see if there is an update for it first.

Phil.

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks Phil...............ummmmmm...how do I do that? :Blush:

I tried re-installing the software but the disc won't run properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Keith

Thanks for the reply......

Well I tried all of that but no joy. The main PC which is wired through the Livebox is fine but the lappy still won't play ball.
When I click on the Inventel status it tells me there is limited or no connectivity :shout:
I click on Repair Inventel and get:
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Renewing the IP address

Interestingly enough, I ran a full scan the night before this thing took a dump and found no end of horrors in the HKLM which I moved to the virus vault.....trojans, tracking cookies and all sorts of adware - when I tried to fire it up the next morning is when the problems started.

It did come back up momentarily when I was fiddling with it this afternoon but as soon as I re-booted it died again.

I did get a warning window
C:\windows\system32\PCANDIS5.SYS
Trojan horse generic 10.ASPV
detected on open

so I clicked "heal"

Still nuffink! :tears:

Hi Lindy

Is your orange acc. for unrestricted down load ? Orange have become padantic lately about weather acc's are restricted or unrestricted .
But sorry I have exhausted my very limited knowledge on the subject.
Being a mech. engineer, unless something is revolving or moving from side to side or going up and down my ability is somewhat limited. :Sad:
Best wishes with the problem. :thumb:
Pudseykeith
PS Just a thought, is your laptop switched on to wireless connection

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I have no idea Keith, and I would reckon my knowledge is far more limited than yours :roflmto:

Your ideas are very much appreciated :Smile:

I feell another lengthy call to Bangladesh coming on! :Doh:

K

Kevit

Deleted User
Lindy, on WinXP, to restore your system to when it was all working do the following.

Click on start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore.

This will run a wizard. select "restore my pc to a previous..."

Choose a date in bold type that is before your problem started. Then select the restore my PC option.

Hope this sorts your problem.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Linda

To restore to a previous date click start then - help and support then -under pick a task you will see undo changes to your computer with System Restore, this will enable you to restore your settings to a prevoius date!

Best of luck

Regards Pat

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks guys..........just tried that and got the following message.....

Your computer cannot be restored to
25 June 2008
System Checkpoint

No changes have been made to your computer

Could someone pass the valium and the gin bottle please? :shout: :shout: :shout:

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Tried several dates Pat.......all with the same response :cry:

Slowly losing the will to live! :Doh:

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can you borrow a lappy from a freind, this should confirm if it is the live box or your lappy which will help you solve the problem. Or even borrow a usb wifi stick to use on your PC.

Richard...

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Richard

Thanks for the reply

Another lappy isn't an option and I have another wifi widget but I need the Orange disc to work in order to pair it with the livebox (so I am led to believe from the Orange help pages) and the disc won't run properly.

The lappy has its own built in wifi and that won't connect either

I am currently trying a system restore in safe mode, as suggested on a few internet forums.......it now seems to be stuck (or exceedingly slow)......watch this space :shout:

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Nope..........system restore in safe mode didn't work either :Doh:

Anybody got a large club hammer? :cry:

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks Pat - I knew I could rely on you to come up with the right solution! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just thought we use to have Orange Broad band and got ride because is was forver going off line and was usless in our area.

We now have the freeby from SKY which includes a netgear router. If you already have Sky it might be worth phoning them to get one or if not it only cost £17 per month for SKY and the Broad band deal.

Richard...

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks for that Richard......I will change my ISP as an absolute last resort....
It will be the mother of all hassles as I have had this same email addy for the last 10 years or more :Sad:

S

stubon

Deleted User
livebox

Hi Lindy c
on your desktop icons can you get access to configure your live box if you can let me know
stubon

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Stubon :Smile:

Not as far as I can see........

S

stubon

Deleted User
livebox

Hi Lindy c i wiil send you this anyway
I have the same problems i can lose contact
this is what i do
1, press no1 button on your livebox, after a few minutes it should say on your computer that you are now connected to the internet
2,on your desk top icons click configure livebox
3, click on access to the configuration a pop up box appears type in lower case
admin both in username and password click ok
4,click on my services
5,click on internet
6,enter conection login this is you email address but only enter everything after the
@ sign on the end of you address add @fs then in the connection password enter you password you used when you set up your orange account then click validate
after a few minutes hopefully you should be connected if not validate again

stubon

ps when entering your password remember they are case sensative

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks for that Stubon :Smile:

I found the "configure livebox icon on the lappy but it needs an internet connection and lappy hasn't got one.........should I be doing this on the main PC?

The main PC which is wired directly to the livebox is working absolutely fine (I'm using it now) its the laptop connected via that silly little silver wafer thingy that won't.........even "Ludmilla" in Bangladesh gave up :Doh:

At least all of this aggro is keeping me and the kids out of the arcade :ROFLMAO:

S

stubon

Deleted User
livebox

hi lindy c
if you cannot see configure livebox icon you should be able to access it from you program list, click on start go to programs find orange in the list or could be wanadoo
if you joined when it was wandoo move your curser up to orange (wanadoo) a pop up should apear at the side configure live box then follow instructions from previous message no3 onwards

stubon

S

stubon

Deleted User
Livebox

Hi Lindy c

the other way you can try is to unplug everything from the botton of the livebox hold you finger on button 1 at the back plug the power supply in keeping your finger on the button wait a few minutes then let go
plug in the line from your telephone connection then the ethernet cable form your desktop computer the lights will flash for a few minutes while it resets itself when you have solid lights you know what they lookS like when everything is working fine

BUT WHEN YOU DO THE ABOVE YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ON ALL COMPUTERS YOU USE BEFORE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET CAN BE OBTAINED YOUR CHOICE

STUBON

S

stubon

Deleted User
l

Hi Lindy c
have you tried your gadget in another usb port?

stubon

S

stubon

Deleted User
Thanks for that Stubon :Smile:

I found the "configure livebox icon on the lappy but it needs an internet connection and lappy hasn't got one.........should I be doing this on the main PC?

The main PC which is wired directly to the livebox is working absolutely fine (I'm using it now) its the laptop connected via that silly little silver wafer thingy that won't.........even "Ludmilla" in Bangladesh gave up :Doh:

At least all of this aggro is keeping me and the kids out of the arcade :ROFLMAO:

on your laptpop

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Lindy it is possible that your lappy is not recognised by the box because your sign in and password has been lost on the lappy.

If all else fails can you not hardwire the lappy to the box.

Peter

S

stubon

Deleted User
jcm

Hi jcm
in order to do what you say you have to open the configuration of the box on the laptop because she cannot get a connection she cannot open the configuration
orange is a bit crappy i have to reset my connection several times a week

stubon

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
OK...tried all that but still no connection. The lappy can't pick up my IP address from the Livebox :Doh:

Could only go through the motions on the main PC as you need to be connected to the internet and I have no connection on the lappy.

Tried a different USB port, a different cable, even a different widget.....all the same.

I did hard wire the lappy last night when talking to girlie in Bangladesh and lappy worked fine - the problem is, I had to disconnect the main PC to do it.

According to my Inventel system info page everything is connected and enabled that should be :shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back