Anyone else feeling crowd-averse? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
A couple of things ... vaccine only 4 days old so immunity not started to build up ... I may feel better once I’ve had the second dose but even then it’s not guaranteed to protect me so crowds are still not advisable.
Also there is no evidence on how well the virus protects against transmission so I could be putting unvaccinated relatives at risk.

Immunity on both types of the vaccine in the UK ONLY starts to get going after two weeks, but by week three it's in full operation. There are reports coming out of Israel saying it is pretty effective at reducing transmission.

OP
OP
Janine

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Depending on your plans might it not be possible to re-book 2nd jag at a centre close to where you planned to be?
My plans for that week were filling in the time between Stratford and Topsham rallies and, as Stratford has now shifted, it doesn't matter quite so much. The beauty of adjustable Caravan Club bookings, eh? 😉

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
DFED5231-CFB8-4DB5-B38E-F8FCC00086FA.jpeg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When it first started it seemed odd having to keep your distance but we soon got used to it. I expect the same will happen when we start getting back together but it may take longer to feel comfortable.

Not particularly keen on crowds but can't wait to get back to dancing & I won't be dancing with the boss all evening. May have to take it easy with Balboa as its close contact with your partner held against you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I believe there is some early evidence about reducing transmission.
Family in your bubble at home is a valid consideration.
Again early data suggests that one dose significantly reduces both the chances of catching Covid, and reducing the symptoms if you do.
Hopefully the forthcoming figures will give you confidence in the near future.
I hope so but, after posting, I realised that I had forgotten to add in risk from new vaccine-resisting variants.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
When it first started it seemed odd having to keep your distance but we soon got used to it. I expect the same will happen when we start getting back together but it may take longer to feel comfortable.

Not particularly keen on crows but can't wait to get back to dancing & I won't be dancing with the boss all evening. May have to take it easy with Balboa as its close contact with your partner held against you.

Im really missing the dancing but SWMBO has said it will be a long time before she dances with anyone else.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019

Not particularly keen on crows but can't wait to get back to dancing & I won't be dancing with the boss all evening. May have to take it easy with Balboa as its close contact with your partner held against you.
I’ve never been keen on crows noisy buggers!😂

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I hope so but, after posting, I realised that I had forgotten to add in risk from new vaccine-resisting variants.
I don't think anything will ever be total covid risk free.
The flu jab doesn't prevent everyone getting the flu, but can help minimise your symptoms if you're unlucky enough to catch it, so it isn't life threatening.
I'll be interested when, in the future, the number crunchers can compare the risk of death from Covid to the risk of dying in a motoring accident.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I don't think I am looking forward to the C&CC folk dancing weekends either 😟
Are you sure that you are not confusing these feelings of wanting to be alone with the ageing process.
We all tend to be less in need of the old razzle-dazzle as we get older. ;) :giggle:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It's more to do with holding hands with a lot of strange people 🤣
I'm finding that the vaccine gives us a lot more confidence, we have our second one due this week and I can already feel the sap starting to rise. :giggle:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
IMG_20210223_123705166.jpg

Do you still wear a mask once you have been jabbed, we prefer to avoid people when possible, but that's not always possible but apart from the odd few most are good with masks and a wide berth, smokers and joggers seem to think they are exempt. 🙄
In lidl the other day the girl on checkout had two masks on, reckoning she would have been dead by now if she hadn't, I think it will be a long while before she drops her guard. 🤔

So is it a case of I will take advice and I'm protected carry on, 🤔 or carry on being careful and see how it pans out, and see how the other Guinea pigs get on. 😁
You keep hearing by so and so it will be back to normal............... really. 🤔
I think alot of people have learnt a lot of things through this. 🙂
The first thing is for what it cost 🙂 I think the hand sanitiser should remain in place. 👍 Bob.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I don't agree with the justifications for mask wearing... never have.
But whilst it's required by shops etc, and perceived necessary by society, I shall wear mine, even after vaccination for the time being.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back