Anyone else feeling crowd-averse? (1 Viewer)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We're Oldham Rugby League fans so we're not worried about crowds. They always announce the crowd changes before the match, then do the team changes 🤣
We’re very similar at Cougars. We did a few decades ago manage just over 7000 on at least one occasion. Not for a long time though😓😓.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I think you are all very wrong, maybe you personally will be careful but just wait till they open the pubs again, you won't be able to get near them, folks will flood out, you have only to look at the reports of people out at raves and things even now under regulations, so when they are free to go, it will be like it never happened within a month.
Then we will have the next lockdown.
Can only speak of our two locals but at the end of the last lockdown when the pubs opened our two were very quiet for a good few days after. Maybe people forgot where the pubs were:giggle:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Can only speak of our two locals but at the end of the last lockdown when the pubs opened our two were very quiet for a good few days after. Maybe people forgot where the pubs were:giggle:
Very similar here, we have three pubs in fairly close walking distance. All were pretty quiet last time they re opened. No need to book a table to eat just walk in.
I do like the table service but would like to go to the bar on arrival to see what beers they have. After that table service all the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We’re very similar at Cougars. We did a few decades ago manage just over 7000 on at least one occasion. Not for a long time though😓😓.
Had some good games with Cougars (behave you smutty minded lot) over the years

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Is it true if you get there at quarter to you might even get a game :giggler:
As well as going to old Trafford we are season ticket holders at Salford Rugby League. Our tickets for this season should arrive soon and hopefully it won’t be long before they let fans back in.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
As well as going to old Trafford we are season ticket holders at Salford Rugby League. Our tickets for this season should arrive soon and hopefully it won’t be long before they let fans back in.
Frequent visitor to The Willows in the 60s when Brian Snape? owned the gaff.

Sep 2, 2020
Ladybarn, Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Old Trafford? Hope you mean cricket
cricket GIF

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Frequent visitor to The Willows in the 60s when Brian Snape? owned the gaff.
Met my now wife whilst clubbing in Manchester January 69, first date was to invite her to the Salford club Friday night as the had a disco on each week, turned up all dolled up, short skirt little bolero jacket, she didn’t know she had to stand on the terraces and watch the game first, spent all game facing me whilst I wrapped my big coat around her, must have been freezing.
Wasn’t long before she was watching and screaming at the team, went to the Wembley final a few months later, little did we know it would take 51 years to get back there, and we couldn’t go because of the pandemic.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Old Trafford? Hope you mean cricket
cricket GIF
I believe that it’s nearby, only been in once at that was when my son in law scattered some of his mothers ashes just in front of where they used to sit, they were regulars.
Otherwise I have no interest in cricket.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
I wish you well for the new season. Going to be different without Watson but fingers crossed.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
In the last year I have had my hair cut twice, been for a few medical appointments (examination and treatment done in car park) and been in a shop a couple of times. I am very crowd adverse - I never really liked crowded places anyway but am much worse now.

OP
OP
Janine

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
In the last year I have had my hair cut twice, been for a few medical appointments (examination and treatment done in car park) and been in a shop a couple of times. I am very crowd adverse - I never really liked crowded places anyway but am much worse now.
Sorry but I had to smile about the examination in the carpark. I hope it wasn't a gynae problem 🤣🤣

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Much as I would love life to go back how it was, I cannot envisage going to motorhome shows with thousands of people milling around and then sitting in crowded entertainment halls watching the shows.

Is it just me?
No, I have always hated crowds and I don't like my space invaded. Covid didn't make much difference to my desire to social distance. Having said that, I have a good family and friends who I am happy to be in company with, its just anyone outside that circle I am wary off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back