Anyone bought a scooter/moped in Spain? (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

I am interested in buying and insuring a scooter in Spain, can anyone give advice?

Thanks

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Have an address and should have an NIE number soon(y)

A friend of mine bought a scooter couple of years ago ( I think it was) did a couple of hundred km on it and hasn't used it since. 50 cc I think, will ask if he still has it and price if you like.

Down side is it is near Huelva on the Seville/Portugal road, I understand if that is the wrong side of Spain but thought I would tell you.

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi, I bought a scooter from M & A motorcycles in Alfaz del Pi (near Benidorm on the south side of the N332) They are British from Yorkshire and seem to know how to go about things. I bought mine without paying Spanish VAT as you have to pay VAT when you register in Britain.
Colin

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
A friend of mine bought a scooter couple of years ago ( I think it was) did a couple of hundred km on it and hasn't used it since. 50 cc I think, will ask if he still has it and price if you like.

Down side is it is near Huelva on the Seville/Portugal road, I understand if that is the wrong side of Spain but thought I would tell you.

A bit too far as I am in Mallorca, but thanks(y)......... still need any info though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Do you intend having it registered in Spain or the UK, in Spain as Gus has quoted firstly an address then a NIE then............................go and buy your scooter/bike and have it registered on Spanish plates.
I have bought a few over the past 17 years in Spain, quite easy if you follow the procedure required. Like most things are here, no, not easy, following a procedure.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As Jumar said; New, the dealer will do it all you just supply passport & any other paperwork required .
Second hand then best to go to a gestoria ( someone who does this sort of stuff for a living ) . You can ask in advance as it can vary region to region.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Providing you have an NIE and Spanish address and bank account if you are buying it on HP, it's easy enough. If you what help just PM me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back