Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Looks good value for spec. I wouldnt buy one for two reasons:
RAM on motherboard only 4Gb which cannot be added to.
Like some other bargains, everything is on one board so cannot be repaired if something fails.

I recently bought a cheap laptop built on much the same lines which failed. I have replaced it with a refurbished Dell latitude which has all its bits on separate replaceable or upgradable boards, a bit thicker as a result but a minor detail to me.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I've had one for years now, its on my tv not used for too much, catch up tv email etc. Also route planning, having a map on the large screen tv is handy. I got this to replace a mac mini, this is a lot cheaper and does the job. At the price if it does a couple of years although paid about £110 for mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Really depends on what you're going to use it for.
Web browsing, streaming video, etc probably OK but you could do all of that with a Raspberry Pi4 4Gb for half the price. Probably better "online forum" support as well.
OK won't have Windows 10 but are you needing that for any specific software? If so, will the mini pc run it?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Really depends on what you're going to use it for.
Web browsing, streaming video, etc probably OK but you could do all of that with a Raspberry Pi4 4Gb for half the price. Probably better "online forum" support as well.
OK won't have Windows 10 but are you needing that for any specific software? If so, will the mini pc run it?
I think by the time you buy a power supply case operating system etc the pi won't be a lot cheaper.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I think by the time you buy a power supply case operating system etc the pi won't be a lot cheaper.
You can get a full kit including HDMI cables, SD card with Ops System, etc, etc, for around £70. Basically everything you need, apart from monitor \ tv, to get up and running.(y) Excluding keyboard and mouse.

Edit : eg here Amazon product ASIN B07WKKS471

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The lowly 'Celeron' would make me walk on by...
You could possibly hitch a lift on a snail and still get away from it! ;)
But guess it depends on what it's being used for and what response time expected.(y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
You could possibly hitch a lift on a snail and still get away from it! ;)
But guess it depends on what it's being used for and what response time expected.(y)
One reviewer [who was being positive] said 1080p HD video playback was subject to jitter...
I think it would be too underpowered to cope with most tasks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back