Anyone been to the Aqualud Water park near Le Touquet? (1 Viewer)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
After years of being pressed [by them] to take the 3 grandchildren to Pepa Pig Land and or Lego land in the van from 2 night stays nearby in August we floated the suggestion we might like to try somewhere different. We were getting bored with Legoland frankly!!When the kids had finished reeling with shock at the idea of the Suggestion of New [all lovely but fairly obsessional and like The Same Thing ] Oldest said Swindon as it has apparently a great water park, and they all love swimming.Very Un inspired by thought of Swindon I have looked further afield and seen good reviews of his water park. We love Le Touquet and have been several times in van in the Aire ; but need campsite if we have the Varmints. Does anyone have experience of the water park in the summer holidays and/or a recommendation of a campsite nearby? We would only have 4 nights max in France [as their parents miss them!!] and a lot of campsites have a week minimum stay in August. Thanks in advance for suggestions [even f it is to Big Up Swindon xx]

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Blimey, do you fancy taking my 3 kids instead? No time limit with me! :LOL:

Seriously, would love to hear other's views if they've been there. My lot would LOVE a trip to a French water park. What else is there to do with kids in that area? It's a part of France I'm not really familiar with, but in terms of travelling it's so close to Calais. I do tend to think of Northern France as being a bit flat & boring, but am willing to be re-educated!

P.S. Sounds better than Swindon, are you sure?? ;)

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
We'd be up for grateful non obsessive kids that all like the same thing.....!!! xxx

I wanted to go Disneyland Paris - but oldest turned nose up as he thinks it is for little ones [whereas Legoland is obvious haven for the cool 11 year olds -sigh] We have been to Benodet many times - with Beloved Daughter Before Grandkids were even a twinkle in her eye [seems like yesterday!!] and Brittany is great for kids. Le Touquet is in a nice part of France and some of the campsites nearish seem ok but would like first hand reports ....

Got our van from Swindon when we were in [shhh] our caravan for weekend. Got back to find selves hemmed into [ v odd ]campsite by 100 D of Ed kids in tents . We had visited Avebury /Stonehenge but couldn't get out of fieldin the morning so went into a Camping shop in Swindon- saw our M home - was and is ideal - loved van- swapped caravan for it . Never looked back.... maybe we SHOULD go to Swindon-possibly swap Grandkids for some other ones xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I stayed at one of the Le Touquet campsites once ( I can't recall which one but it was about a mile from town) and it was crap. I would avoid that area in August myself. Full of French and British and mostly the yob variety in my experience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back