Anyone been to Aldeburgh lately ... (1 Viewer)

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, has anyone been to Alderburgh lately. The council were reconsidering their stance on the sea wall parking :Sad: some hope.

For a brief sojourn the only place is the Sailing Club car park but that is only 18hrs.

Anyone know of any other 'gem' spots in the area?:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi, has anyone been to Alderburgh lately. The council were reconsidering their stance on the sea wall parking :Sad: some hope.
For a brief sojourn the only place is the Sailing Club car park but that is only 18hrs.
Anyone know of any other 'gem' spots in the area?:Smile:

Hi Scotteis, I was in Aldeburgh last week as you say there is plenty of day parking on the lower level but I think you can totally forget ever parking a motorhome again along the sea wall. I don’t know if you are aware of the history of the sea wall and how this over night ban came about but talking to some friends of mine who live in the town it is there to stay.:cry:
There are a number of little gems though very close to the sea wall where you can spend any night without fear of being disturbed and visit the pubs in the town. I am a regular and would recommend them. We had a couple of nights there last week then spent the day parked by the beach brilliant couple of days with the weather to suit. :thumb:

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Buttons, this has to be one of the most beautifull places in the world, shame the locals don't want to share it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll go and get another 'fix' next week:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It isn't a matter of the locals not wanting to share, Scotties, it is a matter of some motorhome owners abusing the area. As Buttons says, there is a long history behind the current state of play.

Suffolk Coastal Council are one of the most positive and helpful in the country when it comes to provision of (and information about) parking for motorhomes. When they were reconsidering their stance they opened the matter to public consultation - including welcoming comments from members of Fun.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back