Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
stafford
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
been there lots of times, it's only 45mins from where we live (stafford) a bit on the expensive side (£25 per night 2 adults 1 dog) very good facilities, park and ride into shrewsbury at the entrance to the site, local co-op shop, chip shop, video rental shop on small retail park at the entrance of the site by the park and ride (park and ride tickets free from reception, saves you paying 50p for parking ticket at the park and ride) 10% discount off campsite fees for caravan club members. site itself is of at least caravan club standards if not better, lake on the site, a conservatory overlooking the lake, where you can relax reading etc, also small shop selling essentials and odds and ends of camping equipment. alot of hardstandings with electric hook up, also grass pitches, not sure if they have electric.
hope info is useful russ

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for the info. :thumb: I should have their "Rally Rates" with me tomorrow. I'm told they are considerably cheaper and they will need to be::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Yes I agree with what has already been said, we have stayed there twice.

Rusty

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Been there done that...........A very tidy site that can accommodate RV's easily , there's a supermarket by the gate and a fish and chippy just inside the gate and where would we be without the nearby public house :winky::thumb:

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi There

Any news on this rally yet? love this site but as already been said bit on the expensive side, but we have been quite a few times and always enjoy it park and ride is really handy

Sue :thumb:

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Been numerous times they also have a Adult only area must be low season when I have visited as paid around £17.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks really nice but a bit far from Scotland for the weekend hopefully one day i will make a meet lol.

Gerry

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Agree with the other posts, very nice site right on park and ride Shewsbury a nice town to visit. Carol.

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
looks like a nice site. I'd be interested to see how the rally idea pans out.

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Great shrewsbury site

Nice one Jim

As everyone says not cheap but excellent quality, Park & Ride bus into beautiful Shrewsbury, a Coop and two takeaways. Access is easy off the top of the Shrewsbury ring road. Excellent pitches and a lot of hard standing. There is also a good on-site shop. Their other sites are supposed to be good as well and they have a high quality image in Shrewsbury where they are based.

Regards, ACDCDAVE & STAGING LADY

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes we were wondering if there was any more news about this meet also, the site looks good and very convenient for getting about ::bigsmile: not too far for us , think about 95 miles away :thumb::thumb:

W/E's 10th and the 17th are > Shepton Mallet Show and the Comedy Walk at Bath with JJ also:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
oxenhall

Hi jim,we went there when we picked up the rv from Travelworld,it is a very good RV friendly site.Expensive yes ,but good.As far as i know Brian Evans has been there a few times,hes probably the man to ask.Regards Andy & Shirley.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back