Rally Chat Anyone at the Malvern Caravan show? (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Was wondering if anyone has gone to this show. We have not gone and have never been to this one. At the last Malvern Western show it rained for half an hour as we were leaving and the roads were flooding. Looking at the weather this weekend it looks like continuous rain. With half the country locked town and a rising covid rate I presume that attendance will be poor.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
I'm sure Wendo55 said she was at the show, the last time we went to the Caravan Show it rained
that much the Seaflo marque had water running straight through it. Also very muddy and you need
your wellies.
We stopped going when it was run by the 3 Counties management who seemed to like upsetting people
including the stallholders.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I'm here!šŸ˜€
It's just stopped raining for the first time since Friday morning. šŸ˜«
Attendance is good. Don't think covid has affected it.
Plenty of motorhomes and caravans here but everyone has had to stay inside them as the weather has been so awful so not much money has been spent.
Very small show but I knew that from the last time I came 4 years ago,(when it was warm and sunny). Some stalls are muddy today. Some packed up this morning.
Pitches are generally ok but the tractor is driving around and pulling the odd one off where they've unfortunately been parked in a dip then got stuck when trying to leave. On the whole most are managing on their own.

Sod's law, now people are leaving and it's coming to the end the sun is trying to show itself! šŸ™„
You made the right decision not to come this year but I wouldn't discount it outright. It's just unfortunate that the weather has spoilt it this time and after last week's gales and cold at Lincoln it's very disappointing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Went briefly for the day - arrived at ten thirty -with friends who are looking to buy. Very small no of vans to view [but they loved an Adria and had not previously seen the model] not many people about in the inside showroom and even fewer outside .
Lots of people packing up even before lunch , very few exhibitors selling accessories ; but everyone very friendly . Roads on the way very wet some smaller ones had standing water . Really wintery sky; brightened up after we left [of course]

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
an interesting year for poor stallholders. At Lincoln the wind did its best to destroy the stalls, with some success. Monday, when it closed, the sun came out.
Malvern seems an echo of Lincoln but with Britain's worst rain selecting the area to do its worst and succeeding.
My heart goes out to stall holders, who have had a mostly terrible years trading.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
an interesting year for poor stallholders. At Lincoln the wind did its best to destroy the stalls, with some success. Monday, when it closed, the sun came out.
Malvern seems an echo of Lincoln but with Britain's worst rain selecting the area to do its worst and succeeding.
My heart goes out to stall holders, who have had a mostly terrible years trading.
Shows have been very difficult this year. We bought stock in for early shows and they were cancelled. e then had a couple of shows where covid and other things like weather effecting them. Plus extra expenses caused by covid like card payment fees as taking cash payments has also been killed off by the virus.

Who knows what will happen next, its quite unbelievable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back