Anyone at Peterborough with a Carthago 143le? (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
As the title. Looking for opinions especially about the washroom. There doesn't seem to be any in the country to look at.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We haven't got that model although we did consider it before we bought our 138 however I remember the washroom design, do you have any specific queries about it?

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Size and practicality of showering and drying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay, the actual washroom is virtually identical to ours, just a mirror image as our shower unit is on the left, but other than that it's pretty much identical (I think the upper cupboard may be different/a bit wider).

We have no issues using the shower at all as it's a decent sized cubicle with no nasty clingy curtain due to the curved screens, it also means the rest of the washroom doesn't get soaked whilst showering so drying it all off afterwards isn't a problem, I just have a microfibre towel that I used to rub over the screens to remove the worst of it and then they are left to dry off fully, however it wouldn't take much to make a long handed drier (a microfibre 'mitt' over a back brush for example) if bending to do it is an issue. If, however, you mean drying yourself this isn't a problem as you can slide the screens back and this gives plenty of space within the washroom itself, or with the 143 model due to the wall/door opening fully across the aisle you'll have loads of room.

The toilet has plenty of room as you're meant to sit with it turned partly facing the shower, thus giving plenty of leg room, the only thing I have difficulty with is that the toilet is high for me with my little legs due to the floor moulding it sits on but I have a kiddies washroom step which I keep in there and just put that next to the loo when I'm using it and push it back out of the way afterwards next to the shower screen which doesn't stop the sink etc being used.

Jul 7, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i143
Exp
C-CompactLine or C-Tourer? I have a C-CompactLine i143; I can take some pictures tomorrow if you’d like, but in the meantime, Carthago have full details on their website.

<Broken link removed>
F62EB747-D233-4D22-B27F-53DADF6E2753.png
<Broken link removed>
123F1C0D-AE9B-4FE1-993C-41A8B3883929.png

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Minxy Girl. A very comprehensive review. Certainly like the idea if a solid screen rather than than a curtain.
What arrangements do you have for shower gel, shampoo etc? Or are they just on the floor?
MajorClanger I'll check out the web site in more detail but will get back to you if I need pics. Thanks for the offer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have a narrow 'basket' with suckers that sits on the flat wall near the shower pole and doesn't need to be removed (you can see it to the left of the below picture as I used to have it over the sink in my previous PVC) however some self-adhesive hooks could be put there instead if you have stuff that can be 'hung'.

Tap.png

What I have found though which is useful is that those cheap clip-on table cloth holders, the type you see at bars etc abroad, slot nicely over the top of the shower screens to form hooks, ideal for hanging bits and bobs on and they don't fall off as the pressure stops the clip opening, similar to the 1st photo below, so you could use something like this instead if you don't want to 'stick' any hooks on, there are ones with bigger 'inner hook' bits too shown in the 2nd photo.

1623574691201.png
1623574860954.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back