Anyone at Malvern willing to show me their fridge vent fans? (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Would like to see how they are fitted before we take plunge. Not even sure how to remove the vents that are stuck to side of van. Thanks

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi have seen the pictures just not sure how to get started. I might get the kit to keep it a bit simpler.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Be aware there are 2 kits - the only difference being the size of the controller box.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Vent removal: remove screws then use a plastic kitchen spatula to break the seal all round. Ease the vent off the van. Use the spatula to remove as much sealant as you can then White Spirit will remove the rest without damage. Use W4 butyl mastic strip (other makes are available!) when you replace the vent. DO NOT use Sikaflex.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks @tonyidle but we have found the way to remove the vents. These are not sealed to the van, that is just the frame they sit in , so no need to mess around with sealant.
It’s been a while since my OP but we still haven’t fitted the fans. We got distracted when we found back of fridge not sealed to habitation. That explains why we had such cold draughts. There is also no deflecter to help direct warm air out of top vent. Not fitted to Dometic installation instructions.
When we have sorted out these things then maybe the fans.

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Would like to see how they are fitted before we take plunge. Not even sure how to remove the vents that are stuck to side of van. Thanks
Hi. If You can lay your hands on December 2017 edition of Practical Motorhome, it is described on pages 108/9. On a Dometic as well. If there is no copyright problem @Jim , I can scan and post for you. Mike

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi. If You can lay your hands on December 2017 edition of Practical Motorhome, it is described on pages 108/9. On a Dometic as well. If there is no copyright problem @Jim , I can scan and post for you. Mike
Thanks but in the letter of the law, it is a copyright offence to scan it as that is making a copy.
Certainly Jim should not publish on his site.
However, if I PM you an email address and you send something to me directly at that address then who’s to know............:D
Sorry...hubby a retired copyright and patents attorney :LOL:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back