Anyone at Benidorm now? Could you make an enquiry please (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

We've just been discussing going to Benidorm for Christmas and January 19.

Been on a couple of sites, (Torreta and Almafra) and neither of them appear to accept online bookings for the period running up to Crimble and into the New Year.
Are we being naive in thinking that there would be space or is a case that a personal approach would be better.

If there is anyone at a site (that they would recommend) in Benny right now could give us the lowdown or even go to Reception for us to do an enquiry, we would be obliged.

Ideally we're looking for 18th Dec to 1st (ish) Feb 19

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Al1

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I doubt you will have trouble getting in somewhere,as for advance bookings,most won't allow,ppl coming here for winter,on some sites the booking is from 1st sept,
No good going into a reception unlessujnow wat site,do u have dog's?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks for the response. I can't understand how I can't book a site if I'm in the company right now of someone else who has already booked Torreta for Christmas. Are you saying they will not accept any bookings or they will accept a booking if we pay in advance (which we have no problem with.)
We do not have dog. Are they compulsory.:)
e
Having said that' SWMBO can be a bit of a & & & & & now and again.
And in conclusion, I'm not asking for Funsters to tour Benny campsites looking for us to find a pitch for us. We're just asking, if they're there, could they call in at the site they're at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The reason for the dog question is that some sites don't allow it and so would be pointless to recommend or ask at certain sites if you did have one. Many sites could be busy over Xmas and new year as they get long term visitors who can spend up to 6 months here so you can understand the sites will offer places first to long stays.
There should be somewhere available but maybe not the best pitches, is in the shade or like on one campsite where they put short stays on the car park...
We are here now but not on the campsite, will try and find some info. @Sheddy may be able to give a little more advise, especially about Villasol.
Watch this space.
Ps. Are you thinking about driving down just for those 2 weeks ? Or as a stop off while on route ?

Also worth joining the group.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I understood your post,I wasn't going to tour any sites,no a dog isn't compulsory,but finding a pitch and ringing ahead is
,good luck

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi All,

We've just been discussing going to Benidorm for Christmas and January 19.

Been on a couple of sites, (Torreta and Almafra) and neither of them appear to accept online bookings for the period running up to Crimble and into the New Year.
Are we being naive in thinking that there would be space or is a case that a personal approach would be better.

If there is anyone at a site (that they would recommend) in Benny right now could give us the lowdown or even go to Reception for us to do an enquiry, we would be obliged.

Ideally we're looking for 18th Dec to 1st (ish) Feb 19

Thanks in advance.

Someone on here said Almafra was full,,BUSBY,,

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi @tonka,
You said,"Ps. Are you thinking about driving down just for those 2 weeks ?"

Middle of December to Jan19. Should have made that clearer. I meant middle of Dec to THE END OF Jan 2019 ie 6weeks (ish)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi @tonka,

Middle of December to Jan19. Should have made that clearer. I meant middle of Dec to THE END OF Jan 2019 ie 6weeks (ish)
If you stay 6 weeks at Torreta you get the cheap rate €15/night :love: you used to be able to book ahead, maybe they've had a change.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi @tonka,

Lol. Sorry I misread your dates !!
But my excuse is I am in Benidorm and in a pub. :)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I booked La Toretta for a month last winter by sending them an email, and paid a deposit. I was a month late in arriving ( another story) but I kept them informed they honoured my booking and kept me a pitch. Found them very responsive and helpful on email.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'll pull up the drawbridge on this one.

Plans changed due to illness of a member of the family.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
At Almafra at the moment. Rally starts here in a couple of weeks and I’m told that after that it’s full to March. Same at Alicante Imperium where we were ten days ago.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
That part of Spain will be very busy over Christmas. Most arrive around October and stay 4-6 months.

We stay in Cap Blanch and usually leave in early December and there is often a cue for the pitch.

Sites might not want to take a booking only for one month.

captainscarlett

Free Member
Apr 20, 2017
Norfolk/Europe
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
10 years
I'll be arriving in Benidorm some time wednesday, can anyone recommend a site that will accept a dog, not sure how long i'll be staying.
Thanks.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The nearest to the town that allow dogs are La Toretta and El Raco. Not sure on prices.
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back