Anyone after a Double Skillet - look here (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Due to the unavailability of the double skillet pans now I've been browsing the web to see if I could find an alternative for folk, and this popped up:

It is extremely similar, just without the glass lid and the sides are a bit more rounded at the base with the upper one being a bit shallower, but otherwise I would think it would do the job well and at a fraction of the price of the now obsolete original. For the price it's gotta be worth a shot!

double skillet alternative.jpg

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I bought the original last month so they are still going...At least I think it is an original. Bought from the double skillet website.
But yes your link looks good.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Before we bought our double skillet we bought one of those omlette pans.
The double skillet is a much better quality than the omelette pan.
Also it is not as deep as the double skillet which makes it not as versatile.
Having said that it is ideal for the job intended, i.e. making omlettes, and to be honest we do also use it for some meals in the same way we use the skillet.
So, for us the skillet stays in the van and the omelette pan in the house

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I bought the omelette pan shown,in Spain early this year as my skillet is now getting on for 4 years old and everything sticks in it when cooking so use the both, skillet for non sticking stiff and omelette pan for stuff that does.
I have tried to revive it by rubbing with oil and putting over a hot flame until smoking but it's still the same

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are various types of these omlette pans, I've had a cr@p one too in the past, but this one doesn't look bad judging by the thickness of the aluminium, hence my mentioning it.

As for the original double skillet I heard from 'good sources' at Lincoln that the lady (Pat?) is definitely NOT doing it anymore. I've just had a shuftie on the double skillet webiste and the large one is now out of stock

therefore you won't be able to buy it 'new' from them anymore, however the smaller one is still showing as available so it may simply be that the old stock is being sold off.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
When she had the problems earlier on she had a number of approaches to take over the supply and she refused. Additionally some people had tracked down the makers in the Midlands and they refused to supply. So by a 'tight' contract she seems to have 'pissed on her chips'-as they say round here!
The hunt is on for alternatives like the omelette pan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When she had the problems earlier on she had a number of approaches to take over the supply and she refused. Additionally some people had tracked down the makers in the Midlands and they refused to supply. So by a 'tight' contract she seems to have 'pissed on her chips'-as they say round here!
The hunt is on for alternatives like the omelette pan.
Yes, such a shame. We talked to her last year I think it was and whilst she wanted to stop doing the website, she still enjoyed the shows at that point (albeit only odd ones) so didn't want to stop doing that, but there's no way someone would have agreed to be involved with her still 'in control' as it were, nothing untoward about working with her of course, but if someone takes over a business then they would want to decide how to run it.

It does make me wonder, however, that as it appears, the makers have stopped getting any orders from her, whether they'll reconsider their standpoint ... there's no sense in being 'loyal' to a customer who doesn't give you any business! I would also think that it doesn't actually have a patent licence to prevent others going about producing it either from other sources, the question is, though, would there be a big enough market for anyone to start from scratch?

There are some things I could 'improve' on to make the DS a bit more user friendly but I'm not saying here!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back