Anybody used one of these? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Need a new, up to date Truck unit for Europe/uk. Is this one any good or other recommendations, we have a Tom, Tom Truck at the minute, its good but updating issues same as everybody else and a lot of new road systems which it didn't recognise last week in Germany and Holland.

7″ Truck Sat Nav with Bluetooth + Full European Mapping

7″ Truck Sat Nav With Bluetooth + Full European Mapping Back Up Maps 2 Chargers + Sun Shield + Window Mount + Cradle UK PHONE SUPPORT Chris 07880721610

Includes:
  • 1 x 7″ Truck Sat Nav GPS system.
  • 1 x Mini USB Cable
  • 2 x Truck/Car Charger 8-36 Volts 2 Amps
  • 1 x Windscreen Holder & Bracket
  • 1 x User Guide
  • 1 x Touch Pen(Find on Back Of Cradle)
  • 1 x Sun Shade
  • SD Card 8gb Main Mapping Program
Price: £81.99 – £83.99

&pound;<\/span>83.99<\/span><\/span>","sku":"","variation_description":"
With &#8216;New&#8217; Deluxe Skin<\/p>\n","variation_id":2656,"variation_is_active":true,"variation_is_visible":true,"weight":"","weight_html":"N\/A"},{"attributes":{"attribute_version":"Standard"},"availability_html":"","backorders_allowed":false,"dimensions":{"length":"","width":"","height":""},"dimensions_html":"N\/A","display_price":81.99,"display_regular_price":81.99,"image":{"title":"TruckNavs Sat Nav","caption":"GPS Navigation System with TFT LCD display and Multi Video and Photo format support","url":"https:\/\/trucknavs.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/04\/E100-1-Copy1.jpg","alt":"TruckNavs Sat Nav","src":"https:\/\/trucknavs.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/04\/E100-1-Copy1-450x438.jpg","srcset":"https:\/\/trucknavs.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/04\/E100-1-Copy1-450x438.jpg 450w, https:\/\/trucknavs.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/04\/E100-1-Copy1-40x40.jpg 40w","sizes":"(max-width: 450px) 100vw, 450px","full_src":"https:\/\/trucknavs.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/04\/E100-1-Copy1.jpg","full_src_w":654,"full_src_h":438,"thumb_src":"https:\/\/trucknavs.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/2015\/04\/E100-1-Copy1-40x40.jpg","thumb_src_w":40,"thumb_src_h":40,"src_w":450,"src_h":438},"image_id":"1968","is_downloadable":false,"is_in_stock":true,"is_purchasable":true,"is_sold_individually":"no","is_virtual":false,"max_qty":"","min_qty":1,"price_html":"&pound;<\/span>81.99<\/span><\/span>","sku":"","variation_description":"","variation_id":2657,"variation_is_active":true,"variation_is_visible":true,"weight":"","weight_html":"N\/A"}]'>
Version
Quantity
  • Features
  • Specifications
  • Delivery
  • Warranty Policy
      • Lane guidance
      • Text to speech
      • Voice Alert Speed Camera
      • Voice Alert when Speeding
      • When Speeding Flashing Red in 20-30-40 zones
      • Favourites
      • Alternate route options
      • Multiple address routing for multi drop driver
      • Route summary and demo
      • 1000’s of points of interest
      • 7-8 digit postcode support
      • Driving time management
      • Historical traffic routing options
      • Junction view
      • Tunnel view
      • 2D and 3D views
      • Day and night map
      • Automatic overview settings
      • Truck weight, height, length and width settings
      • With freight and trainer options
      With 48 Countries:
      Vatican City | United Kingdom | Ukraine | Turkey | Switzerland | Sweden | Spain | Slovenia | Slovakia | Serbia | San Marino | Romania | | Russia | Portugal | Poland | Norway | Netherlands | Montenegro | Monaco | Moldova | Malta | Luxembourg | Lithuania | Liechtenstein | Latvia | Kosovo | Italy | Ireland | Iceland | Hungary | Greece | Gibraltar | Germany | France | Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia | Estonia | Denmark | Czech Republic | Croatia | Bulgaria | Bosnia Herzegovina | Belgium | Belarus | Austria | Andorra | Albania

POI | SNAPP ACC
      Industrial Estates | RCD | Farms | Key-fuels For HGV | Asda | Tesco | Morrison | Parking For Truck | Lay-bays For Truck/HGV | Port & Harbours | Weatherspoon’s | Car Dealership | Adblue sites | Transport Café | Truck Stops | UK Motorway Services | London Congestion Charge | Shell Card Uk | BP Shell Bunker | AS24 | DKV European | Camping | Hotel or Motel

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
I’ve had the Chinese imports and quality wise you get what you pay for.The software is often pirated copies of the IGO platform.Although not perfect,I have settled on the Garmin camper which I have found the most reliable today.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Fully agree with @Ovalball .. had a Chinese one and send it back for a refund.. poor screen, buggy software, couldn't add third party POIs , .. and no way of updating maps legally.. you get exactly what you pay for..

Garmin camper.. best sat nav I have owned.. watch Aldi for bargains, I bought mine there for £185

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
These are available for half that price. I find them excellent but software may be a pirate and updates hard to find. Hardware cheap and tends to conk out however I keep mine because I find the routing is better than the Tomtom and Snooper that I also run. Cost should be about £39 so that one well overpriced. @lunarman is the expert

Deleted User
I use one all the time, the IGO software set to 'coach' and 'easy'. It provides better routes than my previous dedicated garmin. Was half the price you mentioned, however, it is flimsy, software occasionally unstable, and can't be updated (computer refuses to recognise it). I find it worth persevering with because of the outstanding routing,however, cannot really recommend as can often be hugely frustrating to use e.g. turning on and off two or three times to get back to home screen, battery lasts literally 3 minutes so basically mains only. If you can find IGO on a stable platform then you are on to a winner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back