Anybody travelled on the ferry from Toulon, France to Trapani, Sicily... (1 Viewer)

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Looking to travel in late May to Sicily. One option would be the ferry from Toulon. 19 hours cost including motorhome, outside dog friendly cabin, €200. Drive would be an additional 1500kms to the toe of Italy followed by a shorter ferry. On paper no brainer...

We would drive back late June to enjoy the sights of mainland Italy.

Its with Corsica Ferries which we've used before on shorter crossings and we were very happy with them.

Anybody made this trip? any thoughts

Thanks in advance

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not that crossing but Palermo to Genoa with Grimaldi . Was excellent . We did the trip south in the van and ferry back . A great option whichever way to cut out the long drive

OP
OP
moulin 87

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Not that crossing but Palermo to Genoa with Grimaldi . Was excellent . We did the trip south in the van and ferry back . A great option whichever way to cut out the long drive

I don't know how long in advance I would need to book a place if we drove south and ferried back, so for flexibility if nothing else I thought ferry there drive back. Who knows it might be ferry both ways and a meander around Italy on another trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looking to travel in late May to Sicily. One option would be the ferry from Toulon. 19 hours cost including motorhome, outside dog friendly cabin, €200. Drive would be an additional 1500kms to the toe of Italy followed by a shorter ferry. On paper no brainer...

We would drive back late June to enjoy the sights of mainland Italy.

Its with Corsica Ferries which we've used before on shorter crossings and we were very happy with them.

Anybody made this trip? any thoughts

Thanks in advance
Are you sure it is only €200? That doesn't seem a lot for a MH and a cabin.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I don't know how long in advance I would need to book a place if we drove south and ferried back, so for flexibility if nothing else I thought ferry there drive back. Who knows it might be ferry both ways and a meander around Italy on another trip.
We just went into the office in Palermo two days before but that was in March I think as we travelled down through Italy in December then over to Sicily for a week or two at the end. So not sure how busy it would be in May /June . Our crossing with Grimaldi was excellent but was a few years ago

OP
OP
moulin 87

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Are you sure it is only €200? That doesn't seem a lot for a MH and a cabin.

I've checked it a few times and cross checked it on direct ferries so I'm happy with the price and that I've entered the info. correctly... I think it is a new service this year so not available when you travelled there a year or two ago..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back