Anybody done a CRiS (HPI) check on a US 5'er?... (1 Viewer)

Maverick355

Free Member
Apr 13, 2012
Preston, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi all,

Been quietly looking around for a 5'er trailer for quite a few months now and think Ive found something. However, being the cynic I am and due to previously having the wool pulled over my eyes when buying things, Im being cautious with this purchase!

One thing I want to check is if there is outstanding finance on it. I know HPI do a similar check for caravans (CRiS) which would be easy if it were a UK unit as all manufacturers have to register products at first sale. However being a US model Im not sure if the same thing applies...

Has anyone got any experience of this? What ID numbers do they base the check on? All I can find is the model number and serial number - is this enough?

The van is being sold privately and seems like a genuine sale but Id like to be sure, you know...

Thanks for any help!
Simon

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Any private owner can register a caravan or trailer with CRiS (HPi) It is registered by its chassis No or serial No. I would enquire if the owner has a registration document, if not get the chassis No & make a private enquiry. If the owner has nothing to hide they should be more than willing to give you the chassis No.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back