Any views on Adria fiat twin van? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
This is one that has cropped up.(2009)
I'm guessing its good winter insulation being italian made ?
Any ideas on this van much appreciated.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
We have a 2008 and I don't think it would be suitable for winter use. It can be quite cold early and late in the season but the heater is efficient.
Other than that its well screwed together and all the bits work after 10 years.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks. Would the 2009 be much different re heating do you think? Can you fit silver screens etc?
I would've thought italian.made would cater for skiers?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
We have a 2010 one and it gets used most over the autumn and winter as this is my other half's least busy time at work.

External silver screens work well on the front of the van, not least in massively reducing condensation. Covering the vents in the front door pockets also makes a huge difference, even when there is no wind, and makes driving in cold weather much more comfortable.

We've made an extra insulation curtain for the rear doors and also another thermal curtain that separates the cab area from the rest so there's a smaller area to heat overnight.

The shower/toilet, with it's own heating outlet gets really warm and is useful for drying off wet kit when the heating is running. Over door hanging hooks can be placed on the tambour door housing and still allow for the door to be slid opened and closed.

Ours has the combi 4e heater and it is most effective on gas. If on hook up, I find a small separate fan heater placed between the front seats and facing towards the rear better for blasting heat out than the Truma combi one on electric.

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Oh, and I think they're Slovenian not Italian :)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
They are Slovenian, and claim to be the biggest selling brand in Scandinavia, so you might expect them to be good in the cold?

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
@Stroppy Bird how did you hang your curtains ?
The one at the back is on a strong telescopic rod (think it's a shower one and has a very strong spring in it). Though after I had got it I did think that another way would be to support a more normal rod on two hooks screwed into the the end of the overhead lockers at the foot of the bed. It's also useful to hang lightweight towels on during the day to air.

For the one at the front I replaced the screws in the wood over cab locker with screw in press studs and then attached the corresponding fabric stud part to the curtains. I used two pieces of material and sewed velcro down the centre joining bit - this made it easier to retrieve anything from the front of the cab if necessary. I also fixed a couple of sticky bits of velcro down the two sides and sewed a corresponding bit on the side of the curtain panels. We don't always use these so they just live in the overhead locker until needed so there is no excess fabric getting in the way by the sliding door.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks. I dont think we're as handy as you. But clearly the van needs some kind of insulating curtaining.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Thanks. I dont think we're as handy as you. But clearly the van needs some kind of insulating curtaining.
I think most pvc will suffer from rear door draughts when we had one I fitted a flap top to bottom of the center joint
We found most of the draughts in the front were through dash pedals etc and made some covers from dash top to floor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks. It surprises me that they dont provide these with the van if they all need it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back