Any Tyrepal experts out there? (1 Viewer)

colyoung

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7 Years
I fitted a Tyrepal today but not really sure if it's working correctly.Could anyone please advise on the following.
Do the sensors have a sleep mode to conserve battery power?If so what is required to wake them up?
should the display always have all four pressure values showing at all times,even when the display has just woken up?Any advice appreciated before I send it back.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
from tyrepals website.....

Automatic battery saving technology shuts down the system (both monitor and sensors) when the vehicle is stationary.

sounds like they are motion activated.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If they didn't switch off when stationary the batteries wouldn't last long as they would be constantly sending a signal. They wake when they've been spinning a while. I've heard quite a few stories about sticky ones that don't always turn on though. If that's the case I'm sure they'll swap them out for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
colyoung

colyoung

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7 Years
Cheers Jim.I haven't actually drove it with the sensors fitted so that may well be it.When I just popped back it it woke up but only the front right wheel had a figure next to it the other three were just blank.They did have a couple of hours ago when I fitted them though.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
My front off side valve doesn't seem to want to show itself despite swopping the sensor with one which was working on another wheel - I suspected a dodgy tyre valve but reading this thread Im not sure now

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had these fitted to our last van
sometimes signal between tyre sensor and receiver is lost
they go blank even when moving unless they sense a problem.
Sometimes they give a false warning when town driving(due to the excessive accelerating and braking this causes) or when you stop for evening.
This is apparantly due to the sudden change in Temperature or pressure that this causes making the tyre pal think its sensed a problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back