Any suggestions to edge 18mm boarding? (1 Viewer)

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
The visible edging on our washroom entrance - the usual adhesive strips frequently used on inexpensive furniture, has become damaged. I could buy some "iron on" edging strip to match from B&Q or the like but I was thinking some kind of aluminium, stainless steel or uPVC extrusion would be more robust.

Any self-builders or anyone else for that matter have any suggestions as to where to source something like that or alternatives to the edging strip?

Steve

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If it is a corner edge then what I used was the . I used polyurethane glue and clamped it then wiped off the excess glue. This has given a perfect and very strong edge.

Without knowing exactly what edge this is and what colour and material it is made of I can't give better advice sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use white u shaped plastic have a word with a local double glazing firm or builders merchant .
mind they do a brown as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Good ideas thanks. Knowing it is called "channel" has helped a lot with the Google searches!

Would be nice to use a brown uPVC channel, although the right angle uPVC strips would work with a quality adhesive I reckon.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Just been to the van to photograph the damage. When I measured it as carefully as I could - seems closer to 17mm wide than 18mm.

There are companies (like this one) who sell uPVC channel in black or white, and I would not mind either if it is fitted well. However they sell in 75 metre packs.

Think I will go looking for a friendly window manufacturer.

Steve

Attachments

• EdgingStrip.jpg
    EdgingStrip.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 17
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Your best option is to use some 2mm pvc edging, this avail is hundreds of colours, you can use either worktop tape or evo stick to apply then trim.

I make a lot of bedroom furniture & this is what i use on the boards.

If you you want a brown colour tell me how much you need, i can source some for you,
i probably have some knockin about.

I would show yo photo but do not know how to insert one!!!!

If you are around the birmingham area, i'll do it for you.

karl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back