Any suggestions for staying RAF Cosford (1 Viewer)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We are off to Shrewsbury this week but thought we might go and see the RAF museum at Cosford. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay near there ?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I seem to recall a CCC site near Shrewsbury that we used once, possibly Ebury Hill.

We visited RAF Cosford last month on my birthday - if you don't mind a detour and have half a day to spare I can heartily recommend at Craven Arms - free parking nearby, no height barrier. Pure nostalgia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Theres a C&CC CS quite close by that we always used when working at the Cosford Airshow.
Can't remember the name, just looked it up on Google Earth, but its a farm site on Chatwell Lane, Blymhill, just north of the A5/A41 junction. GPS. 52.71160 -2.31857.

Edit. Owner never seems to worry too much about membership numbers and such like.

OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I seem to recall a CCC site near Shrewsbury that we used once, possibly Ebury Hill.

We visited RAF Cosford last month on my birthday - if you don't mind a detour and have half a day to spare I can heartily recommend at Craven Arms - free parking nearby, no height barrier. Pure nostalgia.
Wow, never heard of that place , it looks really interesting although mrjenben seems more interested in the planes :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 15, 2014
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2010
Staying near Shrewsbury my choices of sites are as follows:
CARTREF a private site about 3 miles south of Shresbury, about a mile walk to bus stop so maybe better for Tuggers than Vanners.
OXON PARK - Right by the Oxon Park + Ride car park (+ a Coop, Chip Shop, Vet, Hairdresser, Chinese take away etc.)
EMSTREY - Not yet tries this but it is Salop Leisure's Super-Dooper new Luxury site with Spa, Gym etc.

Cosford is 21 miles from Shrewsbury so just pop up in the van, no height restriction to car parks, ÂŁ4 all day for parking and FREE musuem entry, the resturant food is good and if you come on a Tuesday I'll be there in Blue overalls so come and say "Hi".

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
There's a Caravan Club CL right at the back of RAF Cosford, at Albrighton. I think it's called Whiston Mill. You'd bike it to Cosford from there. David Austin Roses also within walking distance. the gardens there are beautiful. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back