any Slimming World peeps on here (1 Viewer)

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
Hi total newbie not to SW but don't get the mh till Thursday, just gone out of target so need to get back on it.
Just wondered if anyone had tips and recipes for meals in the mh.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I do SW and just cook the same meals as I do at home apart from things like chips and jacket potatoes, although can do jackets if we have electric hookup as I have a Remoska.

It also depends on what cooking facilities you will have and where you are when you're using it.

Things like spaghetti bolognaise, curry & rice, burgers in buns (although it's difficult to get wholemeal in France but obviously OK in UK).

Denise

OP
OP
BERT AND ELSIE

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
do you find the remoska more useful than a slow cooker? i have both and my new sear slow cooker is very light. i am sure i will get the hang of cooking in a small space and being more tidy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The wife reckons Slimming World diet pushes you towards diabetes if you're already struggling with your weight. She's eating Keto now, I can't believe the difference in her, no more craving, bingeing or mood swings. I'm missing their low calorie chocolate biscuits though. :(

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The wife reckons Slimming World diet pushes you towards diabetes if you're already struggling with your weight. She's eating Keto now, I can't believe the difference in her, no more craving, bingeing or mood swings. I'm missing their low calorie chocolate biscuits though. :(

I know it's not for everyone but my friend who was diabetic reversed it and is no longer diabetic after losing 4 stone.

I certainly haven't had cravings, bingeing and mood swings (other than the normal female ones!)

I wonder if she was doing it when they were still doing Red and Green days? as Green days could definitely be very carb heavy if you weren't careful. The current EE and EESP are better in that respect.

I certainly couldn't eat Keto - I'd miss my carbs too much. A meal doesn't seem complete without some carbs on the plate. Generally most of my plate is vegetables!

Denise

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
do you find the remoska more useful than a slow cooker? i have both and my new sear slow cooker is very light. i am sure i will get the hang of cooking in a small space and being more tidy.

I'm not keen on food cooked in the slow cooker, everything just seems soggy or stringy so very rarely use it. I certainly don't take it away in the MH!

I don't use the Remoska very often as we're rarely on hook up but it is useful if you fancy a mini roast! Put chopped potatoes & veg in bottom and chicken thighs, legs or chops on top and then cook. All you need to do then is make some gravy. If we're not on hook up we can run the small Remoska from the inverter but don't like to cook anything which takes a long time like jacket potatoes from it.

The other thing I use if we're not on hook up is a pressure cooker. That is very useful for lots of meals particularly if we're away in autumn/winter when you need home cooked stews etc!

Denise

HelenMalc2019

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hiring
Exp
Helen has lost 3 stone with Slimming World and her diabetes has all but cleared, her latest test shows her as borderline. We only eat proper food on SW, its a balanced meal without fat, sugar and oil.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
This weeks weigh in result: Exactly the same as last week, no gains or losses, but I do break the keto rules with a beer or two as spirits leads to hangover. I know, I know I should not have any beers, but I have cut down severely since I started this diet 8 weeks ago, along with cutting out so many staple food items like bread, pots & pasta, rice etc.
However
The misses TinaL is thinking about going back to SW as she lost a stone in year using their advice,, and is struggling with constipation more now than ever. This is a side effect of her Parkinson's meds we know, however Keto has made it worse and her GP has suggested that she needs more fibre less fat. Hard choice for her but she is considering the options.
Les & TinaL

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Shows theres no single answer for everyone swmbo lost 2 stone on weightwatchers though has now stalled. Also seems to have developed IBS though not necessarily connected. The GP suggested diet for IBS is a modified low carb one avoiding fermentable carbs (which seems to be most of them).

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
TinaL - if SW works for your missus then I think she should go for it. I certainly couldn't do Keto - like my carbs too much!

Denise

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I have lost nearly 2.5 stones in 4 months since joining SW. When away in the moho we either try and eat sensibly if eating out or, if cooking for ourselves, cook what we would do at home. We do have a four burner job, grill, oven and microwave on board. We take a few frozen Slim Well meals from Aldi for when we can’t be bothered to cook : I am particularly partial to their sweet potato curry.

OP
OP
BERT AND ELSIE

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
how may syns in a sweet potato curry sounds nice? I am unfortunately partial to tea and cake! and not at all looking forward to my weigh in today! silly i know question does your freezer compartment work when your traveling

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
You can make sweet potato curry syn free quite easily. There's a recipe for it on the SW website. Not tried that version myself but do have my own recipe.

Denise

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Lots of recipes for two campers here: -
Not necessarily slimming recipes but you can pick and choose.

OP
OP
BERT AND ELSIE

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
thanks Rob and Val that looks a good page I am sure i can find some easy and interesting recipes on there that will fit in to SW way of things

OP
OP
BERT AND ELSIE

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
thank Denise I do use them at times but never really looked at one pot cooks as such, but will now look for some, it is often the prep that takes up all the time and room too! lol

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Might be worth bulk prepping and freezing. I do that when all the root veg come into season and make up several bags of mixed veg and freeze ready to make into stews and casseroles or even just into a mixed veg soup.

Ready prepped frozen veg is very economical especially when fresh is out of season.

Denise

OP
OP
BERT AND ELSIE

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
Oh Denise wish i was as organised as you, for some reason never seem to have any time! how i managed to work goodness knows. I have just seen your a warden that must be interesting.
tiny freezer box in Betty van but i might get a bit of frozen veg in. i have to get used to it that's the thing of it.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I'm only that organised at home! Helps I've got a fridge/freezer in the kitchen plus a chest freezer outside.
Same problem for me with the freezer in the MH! Just a small one across the top of an under counter fridge. Have to say I tend to use either fresh or tinned veg when we're away in the MH. Wish I could carry more frozen veg but it is mainly filled with lollies, icecream, ice cubes and sliced lemons for the G&Ts!

Denise

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
After a very off plan couple of days and weekend I'm pleased to report a maintain! No idea how but I'll take it and run, LOL!

Denise

OP
OP
BERT AND ELSIE

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
well done i did too much to my surprise but still over target by a 1lb, i set it high too so 4 lbs is a lot to carry. Betty van is encouraging too much tea and cake! and ice creams

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back