any Slimming World peeps on here

Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
Hi total newbie not to SW but don't get the mh till Thursday, just gone out of target so need to get back on it.
Just wondered if anyone had tips and recipes for meals in the mh.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I do SW and just cook the same meals as I do at home apart from things like chips and jacket potatoes, although can do jackets if we have electric hookup as I have a Remoska.

It also depends on what cooking facilities you will have and where you are when you're using it.

Things like spaghetti bolognaise, curry & rice, burgers in buns (although it's difficult to get wholemeal in France but obviously OK in UK).

Denise

OP
BERT AND ELSIE
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
do you find the remoska more useful than a slow cooker? i have both and my new sear slow cooker is very light. i am sure i will get the hang of cooking in a small space and being more tidy.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The wife reckons Slimming World diet pushes you towards diabetes if you're already struggling with your weight. She's eating Keto now, I can't believe the difference in her, no more craving, bingeing or mood swings. I'm missing their low calorie chocolate biscuits though. :(

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The wife reckons Slimming World diet pushes you towards diabetes if you're already struggling with your weight. She's eating Keto now, I can't believe the difference in her, no more craving, bingeing or mood swings. I'm missing their low calorie chocolate biscuits though. :(
I know it's not for everyone but my friend who was diabetic reversed it and is no longer diabetic after losing 4 stone.

I certainly haven't had cravings, bingeing and mood swings (other than the normal female ones!)

I wonder if she was doing it when they were still doing Red and Green days? as Green days could definitely be very carb heavy if you weren't careful. The current EE and EESP are better in that respect.

I certainly couldn't eat Keto - I'd miss my carbs too much. A meal doesn't seem complete without some carbs on the plate. Generally most of my plate is vegetables!

Denise

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
do you find the remoska more useful than a slow cooker? i have both and my new sear slow cooker is very light. i am sure i will get the hang of cooking in a small space and being more tidy.
I'm not keen on food cooked in the slow cooker, everything just seems soggy or stringy so very rarely use it. I certainly don't take it away in the MH!

I don't use the Remoska very often as we're rarely on hook up but it is useful if you fancy a mini roast! Put chopped potatoes & veg in bottom and chicken thighs, legs or chops on top and then cook. All you need to do then is make some gravy. If we're not on hook up we can run the small Remoska from the inverter but don't like to cook anything which takes a long time like jacket potatoes from it.

The other thing I use if we're not on hook up is a pressure cooker. That is very useful for lots of meals particularly if we're away in autumn/winter when you need home cooked stews etc!

Denise

Jun 24, 2019
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hiring
Exp
Helen has lost 3 stone with Slimming World and her diabetes has all but cleared, her latest test shows her as borderline. We only eat proper food on SW, its a balanced meal without fat, sugar and oil.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services