Any Recommendations for Mobile Fitters in Hampshire? (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I am in need of having a dual reverse camera fitted where i supply the camera and want someone preferrably a mobile fitter to fit it. I can see some online but would prefer to deal with somone that somebody else has used and can vouch for their work. Anyone dealt with any mobile fitters in and around hampshire?
Not looking at main dealers like marquis / dolphins as they will only fit what they supply. I looked at Rhinos but they wont come this far south.

I have found a dual reverse camera from Here

I have a single waeco camera installed at the moment but i tow so useless really as cannot see the trailer and where it is going when reversing. I am not competent enough myself to try to install this so will need to pay someone which i dont mind doing as long as they themselves are competent :)

I am not in a particular rush for this as i can make do with what i have currently but need to get this done before the end of the year. Or if anyone on here wants to do it i will of course pay you and cover all costs as i know there are some very competent folks here. Just need someone i can trust rather than the big companies that dont seem to know what they are doing.

Start of Rant :(
I have lost faith in big companies as you would not believe the argument i had with a well known dealer the weekend about wiring on my new Rapido. I had an issue with the doors not locking via remote as dash saying door open, took to dealers as was near there and they spent 3 hours on it eventually telling me that the fault was due to someone wiring in extra cable to the locking loom. They specifically said this is NOT rapido wiring, as i had only picked up the van the week before and dropped it straight off to get some work done at a very reputable company i knew it was as it was when i brought it. Eventually after tracing the fault to the back garage door sensor i was then told that this was the fault and not even an apology for the accusations that were made and the hassle. At one point they wanted me to drive away with the 2 wires they had cut left as they said this was the fix (not bloody likely on a 6 figure sum van) Not to mention after they supposedly fixed the issue i have now had to disconnect the wiring from the back garage door sensor as it still doesnt lock with it connected and they are too far away from me to go back to get it fixed properly.
End of Rant :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've had 3 alarms installed by Matt Dixon his company name is Southern Motorhome Security, he does a very good job. Based on Hayling Island he is a mobile fitter.
As for the Camera, Chris's products are good they do an adaptor for the Waco cables not cheap £20 quid an end. If you use this camera it has small 8mm connectors which means smaller holes through the body and it is a very good quality image, I've just fitted one and had the same one on my last van.
I found my van had Waco cables after I had run new cables through on the bright side new dual cable £20 or 4 adaptors £80.:D

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I've had 3 alarms installed by Matt Dixon his company name is Southern Motorhome Security, he does a very good job. Based on Hayling Island he is a mobile fitter.
As for the Camera, Chris's products are good they do an adaptor for the Waco cables not cheap £20 quid an end. If you use this camera it has small 8mm connectors which means smaller holes through the body and it is a very good quality image, I've just fitted one and had the same one on my last van.
I found my van had Waco cables after I had run new cables through on the bright side new dual cable £20 or 4 adaptors £80.:D
Thanks Lenny, i will take a look at them as anything is going to be cheaper than the 1k to get this changed to another waeco dual camera setup. even with the £80 for the waeco adaptors it will be less than half the cost of another waeco. I dont expect the fitting to be anymore than say £200 but then i dont really know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
If i get the waeco adaptors will i need the camera in the link you sent? are they the same internals as the camera on the link i sent over? I can call them up and ask them once i know for sure i can get someone to fit it. I am assuming they will need to run another cable anyway as the current camera is a single lens.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I am in need of having a dual reverse camera fitted where i supply the camera and want someone preferrably a mobile fitter to fit it. I can see some online but would prefer to deal with somone that somebody else has used and can vouch for their work. Anyone dealt with any mobile fitters in and around hampshire?
Not looking at main dealers like marquis / dolphins as they will only fit what they supply. I looked at Rhinos but they wont come this far south.

I have found a dual reverse camera from Here

I have a single waeco camera installed at the moment but i tow so useless really as cannot see the trailer and where it is going when reversing. I am not competent enough myself to try to install this so will need to pay someone which i dont mind doing as long as they themselves are competent :)

I am not in a particular rush for this as i can make do with what i have currently but need to get this done before the end of the year. Or if anyone on here wants to do it i will of course pay you and cover all costs as i know there are some very competent folks here. Just need someone i can trust rather than the big companies that dont seem to know what they are doing.

Start of Rant :(
I have lost faith in big companies as you would not believe the argument i had with a well known dealer the weekend about wiring on my new Rapido. I had an issue with the doors not locking via remote as dash saying door open, took to dealers as was near there and they spent 3 hours on it eventually telling me that the fault was due to someone wiring in extra cable to the locking loom. They specifically said this is NOT rapido wiring, as i had only picked up the van the week before and dropped it straight off to get some work done at a very reputable company i knew it was as it was when i brought it. Eventually after tracing the fault to the back garage door sensor i was then told that this was the fault and not even an apology for the accusations that were made and the hassle. At one point they wanted me to drive away with the 2 wires they had cut left as they said this was the fix (not bloody likely on a 6 figure sum van) Not to mention after they supposedly fixed the issue i have now had to disconnect the wiring from the back garage door sensor as it still doesnt lock with it connected and they are too far away from me to go back to get it fixed properly.
End of Rant :)

There was a guy with a rapido at the Canterbury park and ride when i was there two weeks ago and he was having trouble with his alarm system ,he was banging the door closed and did not appreciate my comments about brownhill the dealers , anyhow sounds like he was having trouble similar to yours

Reactions: zac
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
There was a guy with a rapido at the Canterbury park and ride when i was there two weeks ago and he was having trouble with his alarm system ,he was banging the door closed and did not appreciate my comments about brownhill the dealers , anyhow sounds like he was having trouble similar to yours
Might be a known issue although it is certainly not known to the dealers, disconnecting it has been fine since. not even sure i know why there is a connection on the back garage door in the first place as you still have to lock that door by hand.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Might be a known issue although it is certainly not known to the dealers, disconnecting it has been fine since. not even sure i know why there is a connection on the back garage door in the first place as you still have to lock that door by hand.
I've got Eddie Von Bitz alarm system and don't have any problems ,every door and locker is bugged
Are you going to the Peterborough show this weekend ?

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I've got Eddie Von Bitz alarm system and don't have any problems ,every door and locker is bugged
Are you going to the Peterborough show this weekend ?
I am down at Vanbitz this weekend getting an alarm fitted along with a few other bits which unfortunately clashes with the peterborough show which is a shame as it is only about 30mins away from us.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I am down at Vanbitz this weekend getting an alarm fitted along with a few other bits which unfortunately clashes with the peterborough show which is a shame as it is only about 30mins away from us.
We live in Stamford just up the A1 from Peterborough , might see you guys one day

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We live in Stamford just up the A1 from Peterborough , might see you guys one day
For sure although i always get peterborough and petersfield mixed up but when you said A1 i was thinking thats north of london and of course i meant to say petersfield lol which is near the A3, so we are a little bit further away than first thought lol. We usually head north when we go away anyway and if anything like the Delaware we spent many a weekend in Newark having it repaired. i just hope this is not going to be same :(

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If i get the waeco adaptors will i need the camera in the link you sent? are they the same internals as the camera on the link i sent over? I can call them up and ask them once i know for sure i can get someone to fit it. I am assuming they will need to run another cable anyway as the current camera is a single lens.
Yes you will need a new cable anyway so just fit a new dual cable & forget the Waco one.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Yes you will need a new cable anyway so just fit a new dual cable & forget the Waco one.
Thanks for the info, all booked in with Matt for next month, just need to order the camera kit now :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back