Any recommendations for a Tyre inflator that operates at 5.5PSI (80bar)? That will reach all four wheels easily (1 Viewer)

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Hi Folks

Been looking for a tyre inflator that will operate up to 5.5PSI. One that will stretch easily to all 4 tyres. Have been considering a cordless version, but they are expensive. Any opinions/thoughts
Are you sure you mean 5.5Psi?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
If the lead is too short. Take off the wheels and move them to the front pump em up and put em back on the rear axle.
easy peasy ??????

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I use a dual cylinder pump
1580905762900.png

Amazon product ASIN B07X24Z9ZY
I tried it with the fag, sorry, cigar, lighter socket and it worked, but got a bit agitated above 4.5 bar and the little plug fuse popped. Used the croodile clips onto the leisure battery terminals and for some reason, it was fine. I can reach all 4 wheels by passing the unit underneath the bus.

However, it wouldn't be hard to make up a longer cable if you need one.

I paid £29, but seems to be going for £22 now.

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
ECP have the Streetwise model on offer today - £23.99

Been reliable so far...

As we have a nearby rural garage can handle the moho tyres I'm looking at one of these as a portable compressor for back-up when we're away - could be useful for slow punctures and to pump up the inaccessible spare if needed. At £23.99 you got a bargain - they are £46.54 at ECP now [quoted retail is £60.24] or £32.04 at CarParts4Less - still a good price if it's any good. Any further reports on reliability and performance please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am struggling with making an informed decision on my next HD tyre inflator, why you may ask?
Well having looked at the Ring 900 at circa £90/105, I found another brand from Katsu,for £27 and they look identical in every way, even have the same carry bag!.

Then looking at Jims recommendation for the T Max there appears to be two models, the one that is listed on Amazon is the BA2641, however there may be a heavier duty one with a Part Number of BA2663, so will have to do more research on that.
Here's an "In depth" video :sleep: from a landy guy in full praise of The T max, however note that he is using the possibly heavier duty one the 180660 BA2663, not the BA2641?

This is all getting a touch "Nerdy" I know, but I have some pills for that....somewhere:giggle:

PS: in theory according to the door sticker for our van, I need to reach 79PSI all round with the Michelin Agilis Camper Tyres, although I do drop the fronts to 70PSI, and all seems well on those pressures.
LES

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I am struggling with making an informed decision on my next HD tyre inflator, why you may ask?
Well having looked at the Ring 900 at circa £90/105, I found another brand from Katsu,for £27 and they look identical in every way, even have the same carry bag!.

Then looking at Jims recommendation for the T Max there appears to be two models, the one that is listed on Amazon is the BA2641, however there may be a heavier duty one with a Part Number of BA2663, so will have to do more research on that.
Here's an "In depth" video :sleep: from a landy guy in full praise of The T max, however note that he is using the possibly heavier duty one the 180660 BA2663, not the BA2641?

This is all getting a touch "Nerdy" I know, but I have some pills for that....somewhere:giggle:

PS: in theory according to the door sticker for our van, I need to reach 79PSI all round with the Michelin Agilis Camper Tyres, although I do drop the fronts to 70PSI, and all seems well on those pressures.
LES

Check your axle weights and get a recommendation from the tyre manufacturer.

Our Peugeot has a sticker on the door frame that says 79psi all round.

For our axle weights Continental say 56psi front and 62psi rear. The fact that the Peugeot TPMS is set at 79psi is a real PITA and I have posted my experience of trying to find a solution elsewhere on the Forum.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

LES

You’re over thinking it!

There is no definitive correct answer.

Noting that you’ve got some great recommendations, go with your gut.

Ian

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Check your axle weights and get a recommendation from the tyre manufacturer.

Our Peugeot has a sticker on the door frame that says 79psi all round.

For our axle weights Continental say 56psi front and 62psi rear. The fact that the Peugeot TPMS is set at 79psi is a real PITA and I have posted my experience of trying to find a solution elsewhere on the Forum.
Yes I think I remember your previous post on your Peugeot TPMS problem, did it not need a main dealer to do a reset costing loads of dosh to get it altered.?
Trouble for me is that Michelin recommend 79 PSI all round as do Carthago, when we all know its too much for the front end.
At least You now have Conti's which will give accurate pressures once they know the axle weights, however from what I read on here, Michelin just seem to stick to 79PSI regardless.

We now have a Tyrepal TPMS, and it clearly shows the rise in both pressure and temp to each wheel, which I am pleased to say is pretty much as expected, showing a 4PSI rise averaged on a motorway at speed.
Unlike some, I am happy with The Michelins thus far, now set at 70 front and 79 rear, the van does not feel overly harsh,or noisy, and the grip on all roads is OK with me.
Wet grass could present a problem with many tyres, but we have managed without a problem, even after sinking slightly after a few wet days on a rally.

LES

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Just ordered this.

https://www.toolstation.com/search?q=dewalt inflator

Expensive but I've already got spare battery and charger and I've has others including the Ring but they just failed for various reasons.

Hopefully this will last, the main issue with the others is overheating or blowing pipes or seals getting the bike tyres up to 90 PSI

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back