Any one help with selling my motorhome (1 Viewer)

Craggle

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Autocruise went worth
Exp
Hi , I am trying to sell my motorhome but finding it very difficult and wondered if anyone got any ideas or want to buy it lol

I have an

Autocruise went worth. Peugeot boxer 4 berth 2.8 diesel 04

It's in excellent condition and has full service history, second owners from new which the first owner only had it for just less then 1 year

I apologise in advanced if I'm not allowed to post this.

But any help would be appreciated, literally got to the point of bored of placing adverts and having people phone up and offering PayPal etc :(

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi craggle, there is a clasified add on here which I think is free to members,

Ask yourself why it's not selling?

Have you got the price right?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Motorhome Fun, hope you manage to sell, if you want to do it through fun, and it is a very popular forum I would register £10 then you can put it in the classified section and also keep a eye on the threads on fun, often someone enquiring about buying a van and you could highlight yours to them.

Never know stay on the forum and you may decide to keep it, :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Craggle

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Autocruise went worth
Exp
Hi

Thank you for the responses, where is the classified section ?

I'm trying to sell it for my nan, unfortunately my grandad passed away less then a year and they adored the motorhome, but sadly we can't keep it, we have tried advertising it on local websites for selling items and also eBay and also from the motorhome it self with adverts in the window.

We just keep getting people falling in love with it but will come back a second time and offer a figure so much lower then we have it advertised.

The price for it is correct price and we would take offers very close to it but not 3,000/4,000 lower then what we are asking

I've just got to the point where it's getting so hard to handle with, I had a company call me the other day and I paid £60 for it to be advertised on the front page of there magazine which has turned out to be a con (which now trading standards have got involved, but that's another story)

Would loved to have kept this motorhome but unfortunately can't

I saw this website and thought oh maybe can get some help or advice,

So if I can just place an advert somewhere on here then brilliant

Thank you for help

OP
OP
C

Craggle

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Autocruise went worth
Exp
Hi craggle, there is a clasified add on here which I think is free to members,

Ask yourself why it's not selling?

Have you got the price right?

The main reason it's probably not selling cuz it is wrong time to try. Anyone who would see it in real life would love it.

It's in excellent condition and has many extras.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
The main reason it's probably not selling cuz it is wrong time to try. Anyone who would see it in real life would love it.

It's in excellent condition and has many extras.

Sadly, like many things it comes down to price. People are always looking for a bargain, and it's tricky selling MH's private as so many have a PX to trade in. We have members on here from respected dealers, such as John Cross MHs, he might be able to give it its true value... .

People buy vans all year round, some months are better than others but Ive sold and bought mine in November and December :thumb:

Good luck with it, to see the Classified section look on the left of the tabs.Link Removed

Im sure you have to be a member to advertise but not to browse.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Do you have any links to the adverts you have posted so we can have a look.

With Autumn here and winter approaching it's obviously not the best time BUT people do still buy vans.. Condition and price are still the main things they are looking for,,

Good luck.

ps. On facebook ?? free listing here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/610527115641833/

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Have you tried asking any local dealers if they would sell it on your behalf and accept a fee for doing so, say 10% of the selling price.

Thay may be able to arrange finance to assist in their purchase, also, people who are at a dealers are more likely to be interested in purchasing and not jut tyre kicking.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the price you would like and the real selling price can be dramatically different.

if you dont mind, what is the asking price.

and as you said, wrong time of year.
unless someone intends using it over winter they wont be prepared to buy now and leave standing for the next 6 months

OP
OP
C

Craggle

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Autocruise went worth
Exp
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/immaculate-4-berth-motorhome-looking-for-decent-offers-for-quick-sale/1034437609[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]That's it[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]We have spoken to dealers to sell for us but we decdeided that we don't want to do this [/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
looks a nice van and a good make. My Father in law had the same before he sadly passed away too. :thumb:

OP
OP
C

Craggle

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Autocruise went worth
Exp
looks a nice van and a good make. My Father in law had the same before he sadly passed away too. :thumb:

It is , it's been we'll looked after. Really oh no I'm sorry. Know how it feels

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
the price you would like and the real selling price can be dramatically different.

if you dont mind, what is the asking price.

and as you said, wrong time of year.
unless someone intends using it over winter they wont be prepared to buy now and leave standing for the next 6 months

Post number 8, John... £19K...

Do pay attention... :Doh::winky::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It is not a very descriptive advert, how many leisure batteries, Solar?, TV? Sat, size of Freezer, Towbar, bike rack, what extras, hookup lead, what gas bottles or fixed tank, radio/cd/autochanger DVD player, for £19k you need to sell it and that comes from a decent description. Good luck.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I would suggest a lot more pictures and information, it would make a v/good starting van for someone (also others to change to) but buyers need to know what they gat as standard and extra. Tv aerial, bike rack 240v cable, inventor and so on

Pictures as many as possible showing as much as possible, all sides as well as anything that they may need to see, ladder, storage etc

Good van fair price good luck with sale

If you put it on eBay use classifieds :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/immaculate-4-berth-motorhome-looking-for-decent-offers-for-quick-sale/1034437609[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]That's it[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]We have spoken to dealers to sell for us but we decdeided that we don't want to do this [/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

Honest answer the advert is total crap, who is going to find it with that heading for a start, secondly absolutely no description as to what the van is, what it has, layout, berths, seat belts etc.

Revise your advert and you might get some response and list the price as best offer OVER £18900, then you will not get silly bids although for a private seller with no back up, a bit high

Good luck

Peter

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Craggle, as I suggested on my earlier post, you will be able to carry on posting and getting advice if you join the forum as a full member and pay the £10 otherwise you will be a read only funster and not be able to reply to the help I can see you are already receiving, John Cross been a trusted dealer a d funster I would take his recommendations and Wildmans and with a slight price tweak you should sell it.

The problem being that the longer you keep it waiting for a higher price the van will slowly be deprecated .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Honest answer the advert is total crap, who is going to find it with that heading for a start, secondly absolutely no description as to what the van is, what it has, layout, berths, seat belts etc.

Revise your advert and you might get some response and list the price as best offer OVER £18900, then you will not get silly bids although for a private seller with no back up, a bit high

Good luck

Peter

Now peter....dont you be pulling your punch's mate....tell it like it is :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
to see how a motorhome advert should be worded click Broken Link Removed

as much info as possible and loads of pictures.

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Good luck

Peter

Good advice from Peter, and I would also add as many photos as possible, especially interior photos.

Take them from the decent angles so as to show the van at it's best, not a shot of a sink or toilet bowl from two feet away.

There is nothing worse than an advert for a motorhome with only 2 or 3 pictures, which do not really show which is on offer.

A picture paints a thousand words and all that, and people like to see what they are buying...

Good luck with the sale, shame you can't keep it and use it yourself.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the price youre asking was about right during the summer. you will really struggle to reach near that in the winter. I know as thats when i pick up my bargains. I paid not much more for a 2008 4 berth motorhome winter before last.
to get a genuine buyer with the ready cash interested, look nearer 15/16k or wait till next spring

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
the price youre asking was about right during the summer. you will really struggle to reach near that in the winter. I know as thats when i pick up my bargains. I paid not much more for a 2008 4 berth motorhome winter before last.
to get a genuine buyer with the ready cash interested, look nearer 15/16k or wait till next spring

Sound advise It is a buyers market. Once they know your desperate to sell. Down comes the price
2003 fiesta Rv. Full spec paid £27k to a dealer last year April 2012
Dealer offer now to buy back £15K
For sale today guy desperate to sell. It's a bargain for £16-17knot a good time to sell :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back