Any one driven from UK, through France to Spain in recent days? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Not sure if this helps but we returned from Spain a few days ago. Murcia- Teruel- Labenne- Bordeaux-Tours- Neufchâtel-en-Bray - Calais. We did a mixture of motorways and A roads and only saw police at one northbound peage station, they weren’t interested in us. We saw no police at any regional or national border , north or southbound,until we arrived at the tunnel.
Wonder how long it takes before the first ‘more holy than thou’ comment saying how you shouldn’t be travelling beyond your parish border.👌😂
If you are worried about “holier than thou “ people criticising you, you know that you are doing wrong in the first place.

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
If you are worried about “holier than thou “ people criticising you, you know that you are doing wrong in the first place.

Who's worried ? That's the same as saying “holier than thou “ people are Always Right... In your Opinion...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
You can after 15th travel throughout France but not between 2000h till 0600h when there is a curfew more controls in place

Is that what Macron said at 18.00 Tonight ?

Feb 2, 2019
lancs
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo
Exp
Since 2018
To be succinct I didn’t post my question to give you a platform to voice an opinion, which you clearly went out of your way to do. Your opinion is exactly that, yours and certainly isn’t shared by everyone on this site. If you can’t offer a constructive answer I respectively ask you to keep your opinions to yourself. When I feel the need for any moral or lifestyle guidance I will without question private message you.
Well said!

Feb 2, 2019
lancs
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo
Exp
Since 2018
To be succinct I didn’t post my question to give you a platform to voice an opinion, which you clearly went out of your way to do. Your opinion is exactly that, yours and certainly isn’t shared by everyone on this site. If you can’t offer a constructive answer I respectively ask you to keep your opinions to yourself. When I feel the need for any moral or lifestyle guidance I will without question private message you.
Well said

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think this is more what's spreading the virus than people travelling in a motorhome
20201210_200116.jpg

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Oh joy, another preacher 😂.
As it happens , we were returning from a couple of glorious and very legal months in France and Spain........so sorry to disappoint 👌

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
it would be more accurate to assume that people were taking it out of the uk rather than in?
The world is full of clever people who think they know better, just look at the Brexit debacle.
Anyway, if we forget all the Covid rules, the restrictions, the guidlines, imagine there are no guidelines and people are dropping like flies all around us (and they are even with restrictions).
Lets assume we know how this virus is spread (by touch and particulates) and what it does to people, would it make sense to take the approach of "I'm staying at home and no one is coming in here", just for one's own safety.
Apologies for being "blinkered", it happens when you believe in what you say.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The world is full of clever people who think they know better, just look at the Brexit debacle.
Anyway, if we forget all the Covid rules, the restrictions, the guidlines, imagine there are no guidelines and people are dropping like flies all around us (and they are even with restrictions).
Lets assume we know how this virus is spread (by touch and particulates) and what it does to people, would it make sense to take the approach of "I'm staying at home and no one is coming in here", just for one's own safety.
In a word

No 🤷🏻‍♂️ but you do you dude

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
would it make sense to take the approach of "I'm staying at home and no one is coming in here", just for one's own safety.

And as I have said many times - who supports you with food and services while you hide away?

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
The world is full of clever people who think they know

The same as Winter Flu does every year, kills thousands, but most of us don't bunker down for the whole of winter...

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Yes but theres a reason the uk has the worst figures in europe

Its a circus lol
Wrong on this occasion Tam. Not that’s it a competition. Yes the headline figure for UK deaths is dreadful but look closer at the figures for the main countries in Europe. Cases as of today France has 2,337966, uk 1,787,783, Italy 1,787,147, Spain 1,734,386, Germany1,258,238. Deaths per million of population France 871, UK 927, Spain 1012, Italy 1036, Germany 250. Testing in the UK well beyond other countries. I look at the figures in the round, not just as a means to knock the UK. I regularly speak with friends and family throughout Europe who in turn would describe their retrospective governments as clowns. It is always easy to criticise from the sidelines. No country in Europe is getting things right.

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
And as I have said many times - who supports you with food and services while you hide away?
That's a silly argument, there has to be Food Supplies, Medical Supplies, News, Emergency services etc etc and we accept that but none essential travel is none essential and traveling around the continent in a pandemic because you "fancy a trip to Spain" is none essential in anyone's language.
We should all be doing our bit to minimise the risk's of this killer virus.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
That's a silly argument, there has to be Food Supplies, Medical Supplies, News, Emergency services etc etc and we accept that but none essential travel is none essential and traveling around the continent in a pandemic because you "fancy a trip to Spain" is none essential in anyone's language.
We should all be doing our bit to minimise the risk's of this killer virus.

You can obviously afford to 'hibernate' - many cannot and have to work - often on minimum wage or zero hours contracts............OK for them to risk getting ill?

That is the REAL World.........

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
You can obviously afford to 'hibernate' - many cannot and have to work - often on minimum wage or zero hours contracts............OK for them to risk getting ill?

That is the REAL World.........
Going to work is for a lot of people an essential, and those employees and employers go to great length's to minimise the risk's, is it ok, yes, they have to work to feed their families.
So as i said, "fancy a trip to Spain" is not in anyone's language essential travel.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
So as i said, "fancy a trip to Spain" is not in anyone's language essential travel.
Whenever I go to Spain it is in part to see old friends and to maintain my property there - and it is in need of some major work now............... I don't go to the beach or laze round a pool but I do spend a lot of money getting there and more when I am there........

Not 'just fancying a trip to Spain'...........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back