Any one at a loose end... (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Big thanks to Sandra Shirley and their team for organising such a fab weekend and to Mo for his fantastic efforts keeping us all informed and up to speed with the plans,everything was perfect :Smile: met up with old friends and made some new friends look forward to the next one already ::bigsmile:,

thanks again Sue & Eric

Last edited:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
as requested.

Shirley has asked me to post this ASAP.

Today Sandra and Shirley were summoned to a meeting with the MANAGEMENT. :Eeek:

Having stuffed several copies of the Sunday papers down their knickers they sallied forth fearing dire consequences of some yet to be disclosed heinous crime. :cry::cry: Not so. There was no bollocking, just the question 'When are you coming back? Southport don't want us to wait until next year, they want us back this year. :thumb::thumb:

Sandra is back at work later today and Shirley is at the races ( Stratford) so they have agreed to discuss things next week.

The outcome is likely to be that we will have SOUTHPORT 2 later this year rather than have to wait until 2015. RESULT :thumb::thumb:

(Fungus and the Bogeyman will be asked to attend) :roflmto:

Well done all of you. I would love to do it all again. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Shirley has asked me to post this ASAP.

Today Sandra and Shirley were summoned to a meeting with the MANAGEMENT. :Eeek:

Having stuffed several copies of the Sunday papers down their knickers they sallied forth fearing dire consequences of some yet to be disclosed heinous crime. :cry::cry: Not so. There was no bollocking, just the question 'When are you coming back? Southport don't want us to wait until next year, they want us back this year. :thumb::thumb:

Sandra is back at work later today and Shirley is at the races ( Stratford) so they have agreed to discuss things next week.

The outcome is likely to be that we will have SOUTHPORT 2 later this year rather than have to wait until 2015. RESULT :thumb::thumb:

(Fungus and the Bogeyman will be asked to attend) :roflmto:

Well done all of you. I would love to do it all again. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Magic! Jeff and I will definitely want to put our names down for this:thumb:
Just one request .... can there be more than one water tap to prevent any more upsets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Many thanks to the organisers of this brilliant event and for making us feel so welcome. Thanks also to Mo for booking us in at the last minute. Hope to make the next one if not working.::bigsmile:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
a big thank you to all the organisers and mo, this is one of the best rallies we have been to

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you to the organisers and Old Mo excellent weekend good entertainment great weather.

Sadly for us on our way home got a phone call to say my mum had passed away peacefully in her sleep. Feel a bit numb with the shock although it really is for the best.

Joyce

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thank you to the organisers and Old Mo excellent weekend good entertainment great weather.

Sadly for us on our way home got a phone call to say my mum had passed away peacefully in her sleep. Feel a bit numb with the shock although it really is for the best.

Joyce

Sorry to hear that Joyce, its uncanny that we were just discussing her at the weekend,

As you said, for all the right reasons, its for the best and she is at peace now,

All the best,

Ken :drink::drink:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Joyce

So sorry to read this news, Joyce..

My condolences to you and your family..

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So sorry Joyce for your loss --There is nothing more I can say other than I am sure John will look after you.Take care you are both in my thoughts
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Joyce and John -Movan /Joy says to tell you she is sorry to hear your news and she is thinking of you -She cannot get on a computer so asked me to leave this message
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
My apologies folks but we can't make it. Went to the van tonight to get ready for an early start tomorrow and we have discovered it has been broken into with the intention of stealing it. They've ripped the wiring out in an attempt to hot wire it and it's now completely immobile. I think they have been watching too much tele. Please put our deposit to good use, we don't want it back. (much like the motorhome)
Not looking for sympathy folks, just letting you know.
I am sorry you have problems with the van. The electrics should be easy enough to fix I hope the insurers come through for you. Keep your chin up.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just pulled this off RVOC...

Pretty good, I think and all going to a worthy charity.. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
...............................................................................................................

Send a message via AIM to sandra55
Default southport charity total
hi, everyone the total raised for cancer research from the southport rally is £611. thanks once again to everyone who contributed to raising this, we are all really chuffed, lets see if we can beat it next year

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Joyce, so sorry to hear of your loss, heart felt condolances to you and your family

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
My apologies folks but we can't make it. Went to the van tonight to get ready for an early start tomorrow and we have discovered it has been broken into with the intention of stealing it. They've ripped the wiring out in an attempt to hot wire it and it's now completely immobile. I think they have been watching too much tele. Please put our deposit to good use, we don't want it back. (much like the motorhome)
Not looking for sympathy folks, just letting you know.

What rotten luck. Worst still having to read all our praises for the weekend:Sad:. Hope you are soon sorted and it doesn't put you off for life. Hugs Joy

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just want to add my thanks to the organisers.... what a brilliant weekend and I can't stop smiling when I think about it......

Organised down to the dotting of i's and crossing of t's..... could not fault it one bit.... Just one complaint King Canute, you stopped the bloomin' tide from coming in but hey ho coped with it...::bigsmile:

Thank you thank you thank you. I just hope I am free to come to the next one if you are so kind as to invite us all.....

Photographs will hopefully go up sometime tomorrow if possible and my computer begins to work. . . this is in the library.

Joy:Smile:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Sorry I'm late with this, tried to post sooner but Jim had to Fix It For me first :thumb: I had managed to mess sumat up when I did my joint RVOC MHFun membership renewal.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to say it was lovely meeting some of you guys for the first time at Southport, Andrea, Joy, Carol, Terry, the infamous Old Mo to name just a few ::bigsmile:

That was our first big event in our RV and what a great time we all had, can't wait to see Movan's photos, it looked like you took some corkers Joy :thumb:

Hopefully will see some of you at the RAF Burtonwood, Warrington Stars n Stripes event in September, if not sooner

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS.

I AM SEEING SANDRA TODAY AND WE ARE THINKING OF ANOTHER
MEET BEFORE CHRISTMAS ( FOR US POOR SOULS NOT FLEEING THE COLD)

A SORT OF PRE CHRISTMAS SHOP AND A CHRISTMAS DINNER.
WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS
FROM SHIRL AND SANDRA.:):)

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Big thanks

Well done the RVOC and Old Mo for a brilliant weekend of entertainment and topped off by an excellent meal. You will need a bigger car park next year!!
Thanks again,
Pauline & Mike.:thumb:
We have the use of 3 car parks around the fairground if needed(y)

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Great weekend

Thanks to Shirley, Sandra, Graham, Mike, Old Mo and everybody else for making a great weekend. Nice to meet some of the names on the forums as well as a few who rarely post. Its great to make new friends and swap ideas.
The entertainment, the go-karting, and the meal were all excellent and we can look forward to the swan racing next time
The Swan race will be fun :rolleyes:
Plan is two up front to do the work and
two in the back seats with Water Guns to aim at the other teams.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back