Any luck with double skillet lately? (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
No sign of my Double Skillet yet.

However, in my quest for an alternative I came across this: Chefel Flip and Cook Pan Grill. If you Google it they've got them on Amazon & eBay & you can see them on YouTube.

I wonder if they're better?

I think I may be finding out soon...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
No sign of my Double Skillet yet.

However, in my quest for an alternative I came across this: Chefel Flip and Cook Pan Grill. If you Google it they've got them on Amazon & eBay & you can see them on YouTube.

I wonder if they're better?

I think I may be finding out soon...

Just had a look……….. they are very small and only just over 2 inches high so not really a true comparison.

If (IF!) you can get a Double Skillet you will have a more versatile piece of kit :Smile:

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,

I was a bit slow replying.

I wrote to them in November 2013 with no reply, but thought 'blow it' & ordered on 6 December 2013 paying by PayPal knowing I could get my cash back if need be.

To date there has been no skillet or other contact from them.

Your thread prompted me to email them & say if I did not get the skillet I would use the PayPal process for getting a refund.

From what I've read previously they do tend to be slow & it can be the PayPal process that prompts them to send the items.

We have no oven in our Hymer, already have a Remoska that is great when on hook-up, already have toasting contraption for the gas & wanted a skillet for when we are not hooked up.

I'll let you know what happens. I'm sure I saw them being demonstrated at Peterborough show last year but Mrs Roger thought it all looked a bit unhealthy to her so we didn't bother.

Hi, just to say the double-skillet has not arrived. I escalated my 'non-arrival' dispute through PayPal to a claim on the 19th & got a full refund on 30th. I have ordered a cataplana-a Portuguese cooking doofer from eBay (cheaper from US!), mostly used for shellfish, but I aim to try it with chicken!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzrKDWUeyzw"]Jasper White - Cataplana - YouTube[/ame]

I know that some people who have ordered before & after me have received their double-skillet, but it all seems totally unreliable & unpredictable.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Oh dear it's not looking good then, I emailed them to chase mine up but no response and no delivery yet. I might actually send them a letter too and if that fails it looks like a refund will be necessary :Sad:

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Does no-one know who the manufacturer of these things is...?

Would it not be possible for one of the more reliable suppliers to get a franchise for them...?

There seems to be enough interest to make it worth someone's while and it would be in the manufacturers interest to increase their sales and get these orders filled...

Just my thoughts... :Smile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Thanks for the warning Peter and Styx the answer to your question is in the first part of this thread ::bigsmile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This might be their new address, worth ringing them to check. .

However, their website has a Maire Celeste feel to it, for example no shows listed since 2010 and no products for sale. I think they've ceased trading.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looks like they are defunct then.

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Someone on MHF said they got their large skillet on 21st January having ordered 2 weeks ago from the website so you may be in luck. We ordered the small one.

They are a good example of how not to run a business, I think.

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Apart from not having a glass lid - is there any difference between this and the one that the double skillet ladies provide?

http://www.proidee.co.uk/?P=200110205&H=froogle

There is something similar to that described as a 'Frittata Pan' (both Cuisinart & Magefesa make one but I can't find suppliers in this country) - perhaps the Funsters in Spain know of something that would be an acceptable alternative to the double skillet...

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Magefesa one on Ebay..(UK supplied), ruddy expensive

Broken Link Removed

Cuisinart one from U.S nowhere near as expensive including shipping

Broken Link Removed

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Magefesa one on Ebay..(UK supplied), ruddy expensive

Broken Link Removed

Cuisinart one from U.S nowhere near as expensive including shipping

Broken Link Removed

The second one looks useful, seems a little deeper than some I have seen and as your say better value even form USA.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Update!

After sending 2 emails asking for confirmation of when or if they were going to send my double skillet and getting no response I sent a final 1 about 2 weeks ago advising I would be reclaiming my payment through paypal if I didn't receive a response. I have been busy so forgot to reclaim the money and then I got an email today from paypal about a refund. I was gutted as I assumed it was for the cancelled order but when I read it it was for a partial refund with a message from Frances saying the cookery book is out of stock. Woo hoo, this means they must have sent my skillet!! So my next question is does anyone have the cookery book but no longer needs it and would like to sell it to me until I get the hang of the skillet? ::bigsmile:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
It's great that you got an email but what really annoys me is that Frances only responded when you went to the trouble of requesting a refund.

Which means she's sitting on orders and emails and ignoring her customers.

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
From another forum

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=116

and

"The Nov 1999 Caravan Club Magazine reviewed the book by Dr Nial Reynold, but
gave the wrong address.
The December issue corrected the address, but for those that missed it, the
cookbook is available direct from:

Dr N Reynolds,
49 Arden Way,
Market Harborough,
Leicestershire
LE16 7DB.

A £8.00 cheque to Dr N Reynolds will get you a copy.

I have successfully managed to track down the address and get a copy. It is
a very low volume production - he prints the out and spiral binds them
himself! "

Hope I don't get turned into a pumpkin for copying that from the other forum!!!

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Double skillet

I have ordered and paid via Pay Pal for a double skillet.After reading some of these posts I am now worried that it will not arrive. I too have emailed without an acknowledgement. There is no phone number so will give it a little longer then if it does not appear, will have to claim money back via the Resolution Centre at PayPal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back