Any ideas for south coast holiday park (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Now I know it does not appear to be common on the fun site, but I am looking for a Holiday park on the southcoast for August, clubhouse, swimming pool entertainmant the full works. I have looked online but a fun referral would be helpful. This is in order that my daughter and granddaughter can come along and my 4year old grandaughter does not do sitting still, being quiet. I realise this is expensive and that it could be a nightmare, but will be for 4 or 5 days maximum.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Have a look at Beverley Park near Paignton Devon it has all you need and more we stayed there some years back on grassy pitch with ehu and had an excellent deal and a good time.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Haven or Parkdean sites both meet your requirements.
Pentewan Sands is good too.

Four or five nights might be a stumbling block, as many insist on a seven night booking.
Having said that, January is a good month to book, as early bird offers are still available.

My personal recommendation would be Duinrell in the Netherlands (I know, not UK :whistle:)
It’s 200miles from Calais but worth the drive and extra effort. It offers so much for kids and costs about the same, perhaps even a little cheaper than Haven and the like...

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Cofton has lovely indoor pool with sauna and steam room. My grandchildren love the pool as it has fountains to run through.
Outdoor pool in summer also, which I've not tried but looked good. There was a lifeguard on duty there.
Pub on site, restaurant.
Indoor arcade. Donkeys, kids playground. Close to the beach at Dawlish Warren.
If you book a pitch by the fishing lakes it's quite pretty and possibly a bit quieter.
I think the on site fish & chip shop is open high season. There's a large dog walking field.

Lady Mile at Dawlish Warren has indoor pool, pretty sure there's an outdoor pool as well. Club/ bar. Kids playground.
I found it quite a noisy site, lots of weekend visitors with boot full of beer. Walking distance of Dawlish Warren beach, though it's about 2-3 mile round trip, I think.

Sandy Balls in the Forest, as others have said. My daughter hates holiday parks but agreed it was brilliant for the children when they did a weekend there with friends.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Lots of folk recommending Sandy Balls, historically I would have been one of them.
But I've gotta say, all its facilities are pretty tired these days, it's not what it was and possibly explains the recent change in ownership.
Being polite, the pub's not up to much, I guess that the restaurant is a bit better.
The indoor pool is nice off-season but manic in the school holidays.
Yes, there's plenty of paid activities for the kids, most are far from cheap and many fill up quickly.
Summer holidays will be busy, bordering on unbearable.
Having said that, it's incredibly popular, this is clearly reflected in the high prices charged, so it might just be me :whistle:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Parkdean ( nodes point on the Isle of Wight) with nice beach within 150 yards.
upload_2018-1-4_15-53-17.png

the campsite (looking from the beach photo ) is the white building up above the coloured beach huts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
In Oct/Nov we stayed on CCC THSs at Brean, near Burnham-on-Sea. Both seemed to have lots of facilities although we're not the sort of folk to use them. Obviously, not "south" coast, but a possible option.

We also stayed at CMC Hillhead (just outside Brixham). All the usual CMC standards (and rules if that worries you) plus clubhouse, pool etc. Bus stop just by the entrance with regular transport options.
CMC Looe also had a pool (closed at that time of the year) but no clubhouse.
Both had reasonable views, although we were fortunate in being able to select from a large number of vacant pitches.
Both of these might be easier to access for limited periods than a commercial site.

A CCC weekend meet at Pentewan Sands (St Austell) allowed me to revisit my "first" campsite: it has excellent beach access and a lovely pool.

CCC Birmingham DA used to do a THS near Padstowe (Harlyn Bay) in August: last year it was £20 per night cf £30 on the "main" site, but you still had access to pool, club, showers etc. We've "turned up" on a couple of occasions and got a pitch without any bother.

Gordon

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Parkdean at West Bay, Bridport

Lovely seaside town, campsite has all the facilities onsite, Clubhouse, pool etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back