Any ideas 2001 FIAT DUCATO 2.8 J.T.D ON A TAG AXLE (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2013
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Hope someone can help
About a month or so ago thrust bearing started making a noise like a rattle.Put foot on clutch its gone
Just had new clutch kit fitted and its still there pulls fine goes in every gear as it should.I am at a loss noise still goes with new one when foot on clutch Many thanks stay safe Just to add if you lift the clutch real slow ticks over no noise rev it a bit away it goes again

Last edited:
OP
OP
newmoontime1313
Sep 29, 2013
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
HI it had a recon box 3 years ago the chap that just did the clutch said gear oil like new no signs of metal in it on magnet.He did say the thrust bearing was a nightmare to get of Many thanks for your reply

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I don't know if it's the same as the Renault Traffic used to be but there was often a bearing that was forgotten about that the gearbox shaft that goes through the clutch and pokes into the bearing located in the flywheel. It was easy to remove if you had a rawbolt fixind weld on the end of a slide hammer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I don't know if it's the same as the Renault Traffic used to be but there was often a bearing that was forgotten about that the gearbox shaft that goes through the clutch and pokes into the bearing located in the flywheel. It was easy to remove if you had a rawbolt fixind weld on the end of a slide hammer.
That (spigot) bearing only makes a noise in gear, car stationary, and clutch disengaged.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back