Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
10 years with hires, Newbie owner
Hi All,

I'm planning on installing a second solar panel tomorrow. I'm pretty confident I know what I'm doing with that and, aside from cable routing, I don't forsee any problems.

On the recommendation of those who know on this forum, I also bought a battery master for trickle charging the engine battery from the leisure batteries. It's an N&B Arto 79 2012 3.0L so it has a B2B charger fitted as standard, but that only works when the leisure batteries are over 13.5v so it didn't seem to be working very well in the winter.

On scoping the job today I noticed this small device which has similar wiring to the battery master - so I'm wondering if I have one already fitted, or if this is the device that N&B fit to do the charging (and which doesn't work until the LBs hit 13.5v. It's completely unmarked. Any ideas what it is? Or, if not, how I can find out?

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_4468[1].JPG
    IMG_4468[1].JPG
    106 KB · Views: 72

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hi, being a recent owner of a Arto, I’m not able to answer other than my engine battery appears to be charged as well as the leisure batteries.
Perhaps Martin funflair may have come across this via the owners forum and provide assistance?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
My guess is that its a battery master which keeps the engine battery topped up with a small trickle charge from the leisure battery (assuming you've got solar panels)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I go with the other suggestions of a battery master, does that mean you have a spare Battery Master Chris?

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back