Any idea what this is please ? (1 Viewer)

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Could any one please tell me what this is ? It is something we did not have in our last motorhome, and just don't know what is, or more importantly what it might do.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Mark & Anne.
WP_20161205_001.jpg

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Could be pir linked to light for nightime calls of nature .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
PIR motion sensor and someone's added a silver toggle switch to turn it on and off.
Manufacturer would fit a white plastic rocker switch.
Could be wireless link to an alarm system or maybe self contained...I bet the battery is flat.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A toggle switch status monitor.

When the switch is in a down state the light will illuminate.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Looks suspiciously like a switchable heated toilet seat sensor. When switched on tells you when there is a risk of cheeks sticking to a cold rim. If it glows red send the missus in first to warm the seat!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
It's a humane mouse trap. When Mr Mouse sees the switch on the side he thinks "what does this switch do?". His curiosity gets the better of him and he flicks the switch, whereupon the little white door slides open and he is grasped firmly by a mechanical arm. This in turn pulls him into the case, the white door slides shut and the arm releases it's grip. Mr Mouse is unhurt but confused and held captive. To soothe his nerves a recording of the greatest speeches of William Hague is played, until you eventually become aware that he is there and humanely release him on the hard shoulder 5 exits further down the motorway from where you live.

Either that or it's a motion sensor operating a little light.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Its an internal motion detector, we had one in our Rimor Sailer 645TC years ago as it was so long that the internal sensors in the cab wouldn't have detected anyone climbing in the back end to nick something! Ours had the little metal switch on the side too so it's not an owner mod ... actually I might still have one ... mmmmmm ... it has given me an idea!!! :xThumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You flick the switch, and the infra red beam shuts the wife's gob. An old design, it came out as a logical move forwards from gaffer tape. :xThumb:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
It is certainly a motion sensor. My first thoughts are that it was installed to turn on some lights in the van rather than having to locate the light switch.

OP
OP
Norfolk Red

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Thanks to everyone for the replies the serious ones and the funny ones :xThumb:.
Will put a battery in it and see what happens when I flick the switch on, if its linked to the Pentagon and starts world war 3, remember peeps it was the dogs fault ! :D

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
It's a humane mouse trap. When Mr Mouse sees the switch on the side he thinks "what does this switch do?". His curiosity gets the better of him and he flicks the switch, whereupon the little white door slides open and he is grasped firmly by a mechanical arm. This in turn pulls him into the case, the white door slides shut and the arm releases it's grip. Mr Mouse is unhurt but confused and held captive. To soothe his nerves a recording of the greatest speeches of William Hague is played, until you eventually become aware that he is there and humanely release him on the hard shoulder 5 exits further down the motorway from where you live.

Either that or it's a motion sensor operating a little light.
Not too much to do then...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back