Any idea what my table may have looked like? (1 Viewer)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi everyone,

I've a 1999 Swift Sundance 590RL (rear lounge) and unfortunately it didn't come with a 'dining' table.

The washroom is immediately behind the drivers seat and there's a gap between the seat-back and the washroom wall, complete with a little retaining latch, ready to slide a table in to. But alas, no table when I bought it :(

Any ideas what it may have looked like? Or more importantly, where I could get a replacement?

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Hi @RogerThat , I had the same problem with the last van and finished up making one to fit so if you measure the gap you have I'll measure mine up and see if it fits your gap.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Probably the same kind that you find in Swift caravans of that period, you can buy one from places like Magnums

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
try a search on google, there is bound to be one for sale, or maybe google images but that is more of a long shot, I am on a very weak internet link tonight or I would have looked for you (y)

Upvote 0

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We have a 2007 model and our table is just a bog standard caravan table. It matches the worktop. We have had our van since new so it is the orinigal table. If you look where the table fits in the wardrobe and measure the space that is exactly the width of the table. Hope this helps you.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Caravan breakers often have tables for sale ... look new and about third of the price.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
try a search on google, there is bound to be one for sale, or maybe google images but that is more of a long shot, I am on a very weak internet link tonight or I would have looked for you (y)

Got good internet today, but my advice above doesn't help, not with just a few minutes looking anyway, found a good few including using google images, but cant find any with a table up

looking at the photos though there is no floor mounting obvious, so they must be a free standing unit, just a question of measuring the space min the wardrobe I guess (y)

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
we have a swift sundance 630L ,with a rear lounge, our table was stored behind the drivers seat on the bulkhead as you describe. However we found the table to be rather bulky and heavy. When put up in the lounge there was just enough space to slide out along the seat to get out . It really was too big. In the end we just leave it in the garage at home and use a smaller fold up table instead. I assume that whoever had the van before you did the same and forgot to include it when selling.
I think you will find it more useful to obtain a smaller table-it has no other function but as a table.

hope this helps(y)

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Google caravan breakers in your area .. don't know where you are. They don't advertise individual items .. you have phone.

There is one in Sutton, St Helens and one near Burscough Lancashire ..

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
upload_2016-7-1_13-55-41.png

Hi
@RogerThat

here is a pic of a table currently on e bay that is the same as my swift table

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
RogerThat

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thanks for all your help everyone!

I've been on eBay and picked up a cheap (metal) folding table which will definitely fit in the gap behind the drivers seat / washroom wall.

I took the weight comment on board, the one I've bought is very light - which might equal flimsy / wobbly - a few tea time meals will answer than one for me :D

I'd have liked to get the original wooden one, or as close-to as possible but to be honest, I think £50 quid for a second hand one is somewhat over priced :oops:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back