Any Hymer Club International members here? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Hi to you, I along with 29 others are on a rally at Travelworld. I have run Rallies in France and Spain for the HCI, offered to do one for the Funsters in Montpon next year, and was really surprised at the very little interest shown. But if you are at Travelworld come and say hello.

Barrie
Hi Middy42,
Very well done for your efforts!
I used to work for a Campervan festival for 15 years. (In my spare time) Management and committee. One of my jobs was planning and marking out pitches for around 3000 campers. It took my team and me 7 days ... And then we ran the show. Yes! Well done! I know what it's like. And I bet you get the moaners? I did! (n) (y)

OP
OP
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
When we purchased our Hymer in Preston at Brownhills, at the same time there was a member of HCI also picking up their van, they introduced themselves, told us about HCI and then went on to be thoroughly obnoxious, put us off completely. Perhaps we should reconsider. If I can slightly wander off topic, apologies....
Travelworld at Telford I have found to be an excellent company, the Edwards family always take a lot of care of everyone and Karl Hudson very patient and helpful. When my headlight unit disintegrated, Annabel Edwards had it replaced free of charge despite the van being out of warranty and I had never been a customer of theirs!
When it comes to Hymer advice, when CatsPyjamas decided to buy a Hymer at Malvern show this year, she soon went for the world record of how many funsters can you get in a Hymer at one time, all checking it out, much to the amusement of other showgoers.
I'm not obnoxious! I like to think I'm chatty and helpful. I've made quite a few friends in the short time I've had my current van. I've camped all my life, starting in the scouts then as a scout leader when my son went through the movement, then trailer tent. After that I had a lovely VW Baywindow Devon Moonraker camper. I towed an Eriba Puck Pop top caravan with that. Now I'm on my third Motorhome.
There is always something to chat about at the watering hole or dunny .... Even if you do own a Hymer. :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I'm not obnoxious! I like to think I'm chatty and helpful. I've made quite a few friends in the short time I've had my current van. I've camped all my life, starting in the scouts then as a scout leader when my son went through the movement, then trailer tent. After that I had a lovely VW Baywindow Devon Moonraker camper. I towed an Eriba Puck Pop top caravan with that. Now I'm on my third Motorhome.
There is always something to chat about at the watering hole or dunny .... Even if you do own a Hymer. :cheers:

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Yes we are in Hci, been on Middy42 rallies, he is such a good organiser, and makes sure everyone is okay. Been on other HCi rallies, most of the members are a smashing crowd, but like everywhere you get the odd grumpy one. Nothing can beat the camaraderie of a "Fun" meet though.

OP
OP
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Yes we are in Hci, been on Middy42 rallies, he is such a good organiser, and makes sure everyone is okay. Been on other HCi rallies, most of the members are a smashing crowd, but like everywhere you get the odd grumpy one. Nothing can beat the camaraderie of a "Fun" meet though.

Hi and thanks for the info. This is the type of reply I was hoping for.
I agree with you about the odd grumpy one! (y)

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Never considered it, more than happy with the nutters here :whistle: May need to reconsider after that remark, many been booted out of the fun shack ???

OP
OP
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Proud Hymer owner. Heard of the club but not looked into it at moment. Would join in for hymer rallies once health has improved.
Very best wishes with your health! (y)

OP
OP
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Another HCI member here. We've been on a few HCI rallies and are going to the Benidorm rally with them in February.
(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back