Any had problems with loose drop down bed? (1 Viewer)

BrianF

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2015
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Hi LIne
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all - thought it was worth a look on here before I ring the dealer in the morning ...

I have a 15 plate 616 with a drop down bed over the lounge, it runs up and down in two runners fixed to the front bulkhead behind the passenger/driver seats. When I dropped last night it tilted at 45 degrees!! and then with a bang dropped down... I probably should have stopped when it tilted but Gin can do funny things to my common sense :confused:.

After a closer look it would appear that all the screws fixing the runners to the body had worked loose and the bang was the roller ripping the head off one that had worked out too far.

Has anyone else seen this? or if you haven't it may be worth a check

OP
OP
BrianF

BrianF

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2015
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Hi LIne
Exp
Since 2015
I think your right, just need to find the time to get it booked in then !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My problems with a drop down bed involved a loose drop dead woman.............:cry::cry::cry::cry:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My problems with a drop down bed involved a loose drop dead woman.............:cry::cry::cry::cry:
Oh no........... Please don't tell me that your "inflatable Ethel" has yet another puncture. Your fault for being a tight sod and buying her in Aldi Markt on the Reeperbahn............ :)

P.S. I do check the drop down bed mountings fairly regularly, being a bit of a fat bastard.......

OP
OP
BrianF

BrianF

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2015
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Hi LIne
Exp
Since 2015
Thought I would pop an update on this one, popped the MH into Hayes who quickly identified an issue with the spring tension.. all sorted in an hour under warranty. One bonus is that now the bed makes no noise in transit.

Very impressed with Hayes - had to wait a bit for the slot but top service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back