Any good places to stay in Lechlade?

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by errpaul, Apr 27, 2009.

1. errpaul

errpaul Funster

Ratings:
    +64
    There is a restaurant in Lechlade that my wife has wanted to go to for ages now...so gonna book it soon as a surprise. Anyway, this is only about 40 miles away but far to far to get public transport and as I would like to share a bottle of wine or 2 with dinner I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to stay nearby so we can take the MH and stop over the night, or maybe make a relaxing weekend of it:thumb:

Walking distance from Lechlade would be best, so within 2-3miles.

Thanks

2. The Wallace

The Wallace

Ratings:
    +2
    Parking

I have always found the first person to ask is the restuarant manager. It goes along the lines of 'if I book in for 2 meals, can I use your carpark overnight'?
    Have only been refused once - Kings house in Glencoe (where we have had great food years ago) - 'If we let you stay then there will be a dozen next week'. That I thought would be good marketing!
    Then I saw a member of staff ( in whites ) come out the kitchen with a fag in his hand!!
    With a welcome like that we moved on.

3. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Ratings:
    +3,272
    Been there eaten the food and suffered afterwards !!! staffed by passers through !! need I say more !! the beer was $hite as well !! don't bother to stop...you would think that being in such a remote place they would welcome the custom, apparently not ...:Eeek:...sorry for going off post !

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  5. errpaul

errpaul Funster

Ratings:
    +64

SO simple but such a good idea...will use that in future.