Any Funsters live in Halesowen? Help needed. (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I just wondered if there are any kind Funsters living in Halesowen? I have a big favour to ask if there is anyone that can help. A lady is selling a collection of maps that I want but she won’t post them so I just thought I’d ask on here if there is anyone that lives nearby that would be happy to collect them, pay her the £22 and post them to me. Im happy to send the money and enough to cover the postage up front. Worth an ask! :giggle:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I just wondered if there are any kind Funsters living in Halesowen? I have a big favour to ask if there is anyone that can help. A lady is selling a collection of maps that I want but she won’t post them so I just thought I’d ask on here if there is anyone that lives nearby that would be happy to collect them, pay her the £22 and post them to me. Im happy to send the money and enough to cover the postage up front. Worth an ask! :giggle:
I can collect them on the 8th July when I visit my Mother, if that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Coolbeanz what maps were they? Maybe some Funsters have some surplus to requirements.
It was a collection of 22 OS maps from various parts of the country. A real bargain at £1 each :cry:. I use them to plan cycle routes before I input them to my Garmin.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
That reminds me that somewhere I have a near full set of older OS explorer paper maps. Not been out of the box for a few years, so what are they worth?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Not sure of the date, they are huge white ones, maybe 90s. They came via a major utilities support company and are all marked up with the national grid layout. The vast majority of roads are of course unchanged, just new estates of houses added where once was industrial sites and some fields

As to value, not a clue, there are about 100 maps covering the uk in detail. Perfect for walkers etc

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I live in Stourbridge next door to Halesowen. Happy to do this for you, but I am away till 14th July. So use me as a last resort if you can wait that long.
I was born in Wollaston, but now live in the sunny Kingdom of Fife [it's raining again ...].

Steve

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Not sure of the date, they are huge white ones, maybe 90s. They came via a major utilities support company and are all marked up with the national grid layout. The vast majority of roads are of course unchanged, just new estates of houses added where once was industrial sites and some fields

As to value, not a clue, there are about 100 maps covering the uk in detail. Perfect for walkers etc
Sounds like quite a collection but I think I’ll hang on to try and get the more modern ones that fold up nice and small. Thank you though (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It was a collection of 22 OS maps from various parts of the country. A real bargain at £1 each :cry:. I use them to plan cycle routes before I input them to my Garmin.
Why not sign up to OS Maps online? Admittedly it is £24 per year but for that you get access to all of the GB mapping at 50K and 25K plus other formats. You can download a section to your device so you can still see it when away from a phone signal or print sections off. It also works as a GPS if you use your phone - as your current location appears on it.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Why not sign up to OS Maps online? Admittedly it is £24 per year but for that you get access to all of the GB mapping at 50K and 25K plus other formats. You can download a section to your device so you can still see it when away from a phone signal or print sections off. It also works as a GPS if you use your phone - as your current location appears on it.
I don’t mind the £24 but it’s the paper maps I need. I’ve just bought the OS map for our home area and got the free online area with it but screens are too small so I lay the map out to work out a route before I program it in to my Garmin. :giggle:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I don’t mind the £24 but it’s the paper maps I need. I’ve just bought the OS map for our home area and got the free online area with it but screens are too small so I lay the map out to work out a route before I program it in to my Garmin. :giggle:
That is the problem with online maps - much more difficult to plot a long route. :)
What areas are you after? I've got a few I may not need again.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
That is the problem with online maps - much more difficult to plot a long route. :)
I didn’t have any particular areas in mind, just saw the lady was selling the bundle and thought it would be perfect. I’m basically looking for good areas to do cycling. We’re off to Devon tomorrow to cycle the Tarka Trail and surrounding areas (in the rain judging by the forecast!!)

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I didn’t have any particular areas in mind, just saw the lady was selling the bundle and thought it would be perfect. I’m basically looking for good areas to do cycling. We’re off to Devon tomorrow to cycle the Tarka Trail and surrounding areas (in the rain judging by the forecast!!)
Should have added that I’d be very interested to see what areas you have

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Rain tomorrow? Naw, if it's the Tarka Trail, it's bound to be 'otter ... :LOL:(y)

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back